Eighteen

I woke up at seven the next morning. I had finally finished moving into my new apartment. I'm glad I'm able to afford my apartment on my YouTube salary so I don't have to rely on my parents, even though they send me checks no matter how often I say I don't need it.

I rolled out of bed and got up from the floor. I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a dark green shirt and then a pair of black shorts. I tucked the shirt in the front and slipped on a pair of black and white converse. I grabbed a dirty jean jacket and put it on without buttoning it up.

I still had time for breakfast. I grabbed my keys by the front door and headed to the car. When I was inside I just sat there not wanting to move.  I was having one of those days where I just felt sad, and done... I just didn't want to go to work. Throughout the past few years, I had gotten really bad depression, and each day was different. Today was the type of day where I was just needed to be alone.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Adams number, then just looked at it. It was my second day with them, I cant miss the second day... But Adam would understand... No, I can do this. I will be able to do this. I looked at the small plastic ring on my pinky. The little gem fell out but I wear it anyways. If I doubt myself the ring helps me stop. I turned on the car and went through a McDonald's drive through for breakfast and coffee to take to the office.

I entered the office and was greeted by Adam. Adam took the bag out of my hands. "Dude, thanks for breakfast I was starving."

I pulled the bag out of his hands. "Oh, ha ha, very funny Adam. I'm going to eat in my office and then film a gaming video. I've been requested to play huniepop and I'm ready to be scarred."

"Alright, (y/n). James will be there later to drop of your schedule."

"Okay, thanks Adam!" I closed the door to the office and sat down taking a bite of the lukewarm sandwich. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door. I wiped my hands on my pants and got up to get it. "Can I help you?"

I looked at the person in front of me. They had a red beard. Brown eyes. Red hair. And an asshole personality. I covered my mouth with my hands... "Max?"

"Hey, (y/n)." He smiled.

It took me a minute to gather what was happening. I hadn't seen Max in years, and here he was standing in the doorway of my office. I did what any normal person would do. I slapped him in the face. "I hate you so much right now!"

"Okay, I deserved that." He said. "But think of what I said the night before you left."

"What's lost can always be found?" I paused and took a second to think about it. "I lost you, but you found me..."

"I did find you." Max said. "When Adam said there was a new girl, fresh out of college, and her name was (y/n). I hoped that it was you."

I laughed. "Glad I didn't disappoint... So want a half a sandwich?"