Nine

The first place we stopped was a small coffee shop. "The coffee shop?" I asked looking at him.

"Remember Christmas of, what was it... Freshman year. We went to a party but we had to leave early cause of the weather. It was one of the few times it ever snowed in Louisiana. We came here because it was closer then our houses. The snowflakes stuck to your eyelashes, and in your hair." He smiled softly.

"We both got hot chocolates, and a muffin to share." I smiled at the memory. "When we where running over, you almost fell into traffic because you slipped on slush."

"I would have fallen into traffic, but you grabbed my arm before I could. Of course it didn't stop you from laughing at me and almost falling yourself." He laughed. "Come on, next spot."

We got back in the car and drove to the pond by the park. "We always used to come here in the summer to cool off. We would jump off the dock seeing who could do the best trick."

"Yeah, but neither of us could do anything so we just tried to make the biggest splash. I always won, just 'cause I'm bigger. Remember the time we raced to shore, and when you were getting out you cut your foot on a shell."

"Ha, yeah. I had to get about four stitches cause of how deep it was. I couldn't do much, otherwise the stitches would have ripped."

He put the car in reverse and backed out of the parking spot. We drove through town and he stopped at the pizza place. "We came here when we went to prom together. Since no one wanted to go with us we went together."

"When we were there no one could take their eyes off of us." I smiled and laughed so hard I almost snorted.

"Yeah, I don't blame them, I mean the girl who dresses up in like four different outfits came in a poofy, red, princess dress and heels, you looked amazing that night. I would bet that everyone that didn't ask you was jealous."

"One guy squeezed my butt, so I punched him in the nose. We had to leave, so we just kinda showed up here."

"I'm glad you punched him, at least no one tried to do anything to you after."

"Yeah cause they were scared of me." I laughed softly. "I'm going to have to start all over."

"Just be yourself. They'll love you. I have to stop by Shelby's house. You gotta come with, there's some stuff I'm going to need help grabbing." He pulled out his phone and sent a quick text. "Parents."

"Ugh, alright." He pulled away and drove the short distance to Shelby's house. We got there in about ten minutes.

"Let's go," He said unbuckling his seat belt. I followed in pursuit. "She's not home, but she left the door unlocked for us." He opened the front door. When I got in the house, he closed the door behind me and flicked on the lights.

"Suprise!" People yelled. I jumped a little bit and then grinned.

"Did you do this?" I turned to ask Max. He nodded his head and rubbed the back of his neck. "Thank you." He blushed, I've never seen him this flustered. Shelby and Jess walked up.

"Do you like it? We helped out the best we could, it was mostly inviting people you know. Max planned most of it. Go dance or socialize, eat food." They said together. I nodded and went over by the food.

I grabbed a handful of chips, some people in the art class commented on how they were going to miss seeing my art around the school. Other people that I didn't really know said they would miss me. I had to hold myself back. Otherwise I would have said to the people that 'miss' me, 'no you won't. You're going to forget I exist by the beginning of next year.'

Max appeared next to me. "You seem ready to be done. Do you want to go to the last stop?"

"Oh yeah." I threw the plastic plate I was using into the trash and walked out the front door with Max. "So there's only one last stop?"

"Yeah, I wish we had time for more but it's already almost midnight, and you're going to be leaving tomorrow. I should of had you home hours ago..." He rubbed the back of his neck. We got in the car and started to drive. I took in as much of the city as I could.

We ended up at the park. "I thought this would be a great place to end the night..." There has never been anything special about this park, it's just a park. Yet all of the memories and times we just came here to relax, has made this place... well, special. "I noticed you didn't dance at the party... Do you want to dance with me?"

I turned to face him. "But there isn't any music." He pulled out his phone and played a song. He played, I Can't Help Falling In Love With You covered by Twenty One Pilots. He stuck a hand out for me to take. I accepted it.

He pulled my hands so they were behind his neck and then placed his on my waist. We slowly swayed in time with the music. I looked into his dark brown eyes, "You're amazing Max." I moved my hands to by his waist so I could hug him. I placed my head in his chest and tried to hold back tears. He put his chin on the top of my head. "I'm losing you Max... aren't I..."

"Well, what's lost can only be found..." I felt something wet hit the top of my head. I looked up. It started raining. A few seconds was all it took before it started down pouring. We ran to the play ground equipment and sat in a spot that was similar to a canopy. Max took off his sweater that he was wearing and placed it around me.

"Thanks." I said, putting my arms through the sleeves. We made small talk with each other waiting for the rain to die down. It didn't. "Max."

I broke his train of thought. "Hm. What?"

"We are going to have to make a break for it. It's nearly one. I'm on the road to the airport at nine."

"What are we doing?" I didn't answer him. I jumped up and ran to the car. Luckily he left it unlocked. He joined me a few seconds after. "Thanks for the warning." He mumbled as he turned on the car.

I shook my head causing water to fly everywhere. "What do you mean? I did warn you. I said we had to make a break for it."

"Let's just get you home..." He pulled out of the parking lot. That was the last time I was going to be able to see that park...