Six

I was woken up by Max jumping at me at ten in the morning. "Wake up, wake up, wake up."

"Max someone better be dying." I mumbled as I rolled over into the pillow.

"Nope, no one is dying besides me because of how bored and hungry I am." He said sitting on me.

"Ow," I said. "You don't need me up so you can eat."

"But (y/n), you make the best pancakes!" He said standing to the best of his ability. The fort from last night was still up. "I will force you out of bed and you know it." I just yelled into the pillow, not moving. I felt him move to the other side of the bed against the wall. Then I felt hands on my side, a push, and I was on the floor.

"Damn it Max!" I said kneeling on the floor. "I'll make your damn pancakes if I can sleep in tomorrow. I did not get my minimum twelve hours of sleep!" I crawled out of the fort.

"Yay!" He yelled as he was crawling behind me. "I like pancakes."

"Shut up Max." I mumbled to myself in annoyance from being woken up so early. It didn't take long, but I made 5 big pancakes, Max ate three, I ate two, I called him a pig, he laughed, it was pretty normal. We took down the pillow fort and made idle small talk. We sat down and started playing Mario Cart on the Xbox.

"I can't believe, this will be one of the last times I'm seeing you, (y/n)." Max said as he rounded the corner in the game.

"Yeah, the last time you're going  to see me, is me beating your ass, in fucking Mario cart. Ha! I won!"

"How did you do so good! It was fucking rainbow road!" He yelled, as he stood up. "Hacker! She's a hacker everyone."

"I am not a hacker!" I said in defense. "You would know if I'm hacking."

"How so?" He said crossing his arms.

"Because I would have gotten more boxes, and boosts. You want to know why I'm so good at this game?"

"Why?" He said leaning his head to the side.

"While you are out hitting on girls at parties you so rarely go to, I stay in and play rainbow road, so I'm really good at it." I leaned back into the couch proud of myself.

Max could tell that I was feeling good and made fun of me for it. "Are you really proud of that?"

"Yes."

He sighed, "I'm going to take you to party. Who ever gets the number of a person of the opposite gender first, gets ten dollars."

"Deal." We shook on it.

Max looked down at his watch. "Jamie Brannister is throwing a party at her house in an hour, so we have about two hours to get ready."

"Alright," I went upstairs and put on an outfit that consisted of a light blue shirt, black skinny jeans, a belt, and some faded black combat boots. I went into the hallway where Max was waiting against the wall.

"Is that what you're wearing?" He said judging me.

"Yeah, why? Do you think I can't get a guy's number? Or is it not flashy enough for you? I'm sorry princess for not living up to your standards." I rolled my eyes.

"You do you," he said putting his hands up in defense, and side stepped around me going into his room. When he came out he was wearing the same outfit I made him wear when he was going to ask Jess out. "Ready?"

"I think I have to be ready for anything when it comes to my lovely princess."

"Shut up, (y/n)..."