Four

"Why haven't you told me?" Max asked me looking disappointed and hurt.

"Because I didn't know how to tell you..." I looked down at my hands and played with my fingers. He walked over and gave me a hug.

"I'm glad you did, even if it was almost too late." He pulled away, "Do you want to come over tonight and spend the night? Just one last time before you leave in two weeks."

I laughed. "What are we going to do? Put your hair up in pigtails and do face masks?"

He laughed at my sarcasm. "I was thinking a pillow fort and a movie marathon. Watch Harry Potter or the lord of the rings."

"Yours is what we are probably going to do but I wouldn't be mad if we did mine."

"How about we compromise and make a pillow fort in my room?"

"Good enough. We just need to get my stuff from my room." I started to walk away. "You're taking it awkwardly well. You must be screaming inside."

"Are you talking about the screaming that is added to my permanent internal screaming?"

"Yeah."

"Well then yeah.  Hurry up and get your stuff."

"You're coming with." I grabbed his wrist and dragged him inside the house with me. "Mom! I'm staying at Max's house this weekend!"

"Wait, weekend?"

"Yeah, I mean this might be the last time we are able to actually hang out. Also sorry about all of the boxes but moving does that to you."

"Alright fine, just go get your clothes. I'll stay here."

"No, I want to say there's been a boy in my room before I move. Let's go."

"God (y/n) I'm not a who-" I slapped my hand over his mouth.

"I know what you're going to say, you can't say any bad words, my mom doesn't like them, also next time it won't be my hand that stops you." I pulled my hand away and wiped it on my shirt. I dragged him up the stairs. I heard him mumble curse words under his breath. We entered my small, pink room. "I need to repaint it." I grabbed a bag and grabbed a pair of pajama shorts, and some tee shirts, and some pants. I went to the bathroom and grabbed my tooth brush and comb. "Okay, I'm ready."

"What was the point of me coming into your room?" He said while exiting.

"Cause I want to say that there has been boys in my room." I said walking down the stairs. My mom was on the computer in her office. "Bye mom, I'll see you later." I gave her a hug.

"Be good. Don't get Max, or Miss Larpas into any trouble." She said hugging back.

"No promises." I said as I closed the door. We walked over to his house cutting through the lawn. "What first, pillow fort or dinner?"

"Dinner!" He said grinning. "My mom is making tacos."

"Oh, bitch that sounds awesome!" I say jumping up. "I fucking love tacos."

"I know you do Freak." He gestured up the stairs. "Do you want to put your stuff in my room?"

"Sure." I ran up the stairs some what winded. "Why am I so out of shape?" I said lightly panting with each word.

"(Y/n)! Hurry up and get down here, your food will be getting cold."

"Yeah, yeah!" I yelled. I pushed open Max's bedroom door open with my foot. I placed my stuff down on his bed and ran back down the stairs. "Okay I'm here." I sat down across from Max at the table. There were two tacos already sitting on the plate in front of them.

"Made just how you like them, (y/n)." Miss Larpas said sitting down.

"Thank you Miss Larpas." I said in gratitude.

"Oh please, just call me Mom."

"Okay Mom." We started eating. Max ate five tacos and I ate four.

"Mom, we are going to go up stairs." Max said standing up. "Ready to build a fort?"

"Yeah!" I smiled and raced him up the stairs.