Sixteen

I woke up with something strong under my head. When I lifted my head up it was an arm. Did I kill somebody last night and keep their arm? I thought. No I would have definitely hid everything. I turned to follow it up to where I body should be. I saw Max's familiar face and relaxed slightly. I didn't kill anyone... What was I thinking! I shrugged it off and laid back down placing my head in his chest.

I remembered last night and all of the kisses we shared. It didn't  mean anything did it? Honestly I'm surprised my parents still trust us enough to be able to share a room. The fact that we are seventeen and are still doing this is mind blowing to me. Most parents won't even let their child breathe in the direction of someone of the opposite gender.

I couldn't fall back asleep. I rolled back over and Max put his free arm over my waist. I grabbed his hand and played with his fingers. I laced and unlaced my fingers with his mindlessly playing.

"(Y/n)?" He whispered. "What are you doing?"

"I couldn't fall back asleep and I didn't want to get up."

"Well, now I'm up." He said still whispering. He ended up closing his eyes again. We stayed in the position that we were in.

"I wish that I didn't have to move away..." I told him.

"I wish you didn't either. Either that or I felt like this before you left."

"I think that's the problem. We never know how we feel about something until it's taken away."

"You're probably right." He laughed softly. We laid in soft silence. "So what are we going to do today?" He asked.

"I was thinking we can go bowling, and go to my favorite arcade where I spend all of my allowance."

"I go where you go." He rolled over me and fell onto the floor. "Son of a bi-"

"Careful my parents might be home." I interrupted him. "Get out so I can change and then we will go."

He sighed and began to leave the room. He mumbled, "I had to pee anyways." I threw a pillow at him as he closed the door. He glared at me with a smile, ruining the effect and making me laugh, grabbed his bag at the foot of the bed, and left. I walked over to the closet and started changing.

I put on a white shirt that had dark blue sleeves and shoulders, a pair of black skinny jeans and white converse. I had just put my blue and white headphones around my neck when Max knocked on my door. He had changed as well. He had put on a dark navy blue t-shirt and black jeans, pulled together with a pair of white and black converse.

"You look nice." I joked, we didn't really look all that good. Just like we threw on the first thing we grabbed.

"I like how we ended up matching." He laughed running a finger through his hair.

I looked down at me and then him. "Nope, we are not doing this." I told him. "Go change I was here first."

"No!" He called back. "You can't make me."

"Well, I'm not going to change." I said. Then I thought of something from a parody show. "Wait, if you're wearing that... And I'm wearing this... WHO'S FLYING THE PLANE!"

"Okay, I'm not going to question." He put his hands up in defense. "You ready to leave?"

"Yeah, I guess." I walked past him and went down the stairs quickly. The three floors really weren't all that necessary but I'm starting to be glad because they're keeping me in shape. We walked to the car and I got in the drivers seat.

"Care to explain where we are going?" I didn't respond I just put he car in reverse, and drove away from the house heading to town. He realized that where we were going was a surprise so he stopped talking and just looked out the window. I drove to the park in the middle of the city and stopped the car. "Uh, care to explain?"

"Get out of the car we're walking?" I creased my eyebrows. "Duh."

"You make it sound like it's super obvious that I'm supposed to know that."

"Well yeah. You don't go anywhere in a parked car do you?"

"I hate you, you know that?"

"It didn't seem like that this morning." I smirked and got out of the car. I looked both ways and quickly ran across the busy street leaving Max behind me. Once I crossed, I kept walking slowly towards the arcade.

I knew that he could easily catch up to me, and he did. "Couldn't have waited?"

"Nope." I opened the door to an air conditioned building. "After you." Max walked into the building and I followed shortly after. We turned money into tokens and started to play a bunch of games. They were the types of games where you can win tickets to get prizes when you leave.

We spent until 6 at night in the arcade, mostly because we played a each game so well. We had over fifty thousand tickets. I didn't see what Max got, mostly because I was seeing how much candy I could get with twenty five thousand tickets, and it was a lot, I got just candy.

Max had ended up getting a slinky, and a pair of glasses with the striped lenses, and a ton of other things, we were both given bags to hold our stuff, that's how much we had. We were walking back to the car to drop off our things and then head to the bowling ally. "Hey, I got you something..." Max held out a small plastic ring that had a pink heart gem on it.

"This is actually really sweet of you..." I put it on my  left pinky. "Thank you..." Crap, now I feel bad that I didn't think to get him anything. Think, think. I reached into my bag and pulled out a sucker. "Here?"

He laughed and took it. "Thanks."

At the bowling ally, we ran into Ty and Mitch. We ordered a pizza and some soda and all hung out. I bowled the best game and Max took last, he's never been really good at bowling. When we were done, we stopped by the supermarket and got more sweets, and soda.

When we got home, Max and I stayed up eating candy, and drinking soda. We talked about our home lives, and how much life has changed with out the other. Max went home the next Sunday.

I've lost touch with Max throughout the years. College was really hard for me, keeping a social life, working on YouTube, and grades. Once I had gotten my degree for film making and editing, I had gotten an email from a guy named skydoesminecraft. I accepted the job and got a position at Sky media.

I don't know what happened to Max, but I never took off the small plastic ring on my pinky, even after the little pink, heart shaped gem fell out...

~~~~~~~~

So uh, yeah. Sorry if it's bad. I wrote a thousand words in like, thirty minutes (not exaggerating, I checked before I started this thing.). If you can't tell, it is a large time skip... So that's really all, comment vote, whatever. You might have to remind me to update, so if I don't within about a week comment saying something like, "hey you whore! You have a story!" You don't have to call me a whore but ya know, it works for emphasis. If you think it won't work and I'm just saying that, wrong! A person said I should update so I did! I bet you're shook. Anyways... It's getting late and I have school tomorrow so byeeee.