Thirteen

"So you exited for break?" Ty asked as we walked down the hallways of the school.

"Well, we don't have to come to school so it's obviously better. I'm kinda excited cause my parents said they had a surprise waiting when I get home."

"Ooh, I love surprises." He said.

"No you don't, you nearly peed yourself when we surprised you at your birthday party last week." I said to him squinting slightly.

"No, I didn't. You're just remembering things weird you must have been drinking alcohol."

"How would I be drinking alcohol? Did someone spike the juice boxes?"

"Ok, fine you got me there." We stood by the bus stop. "Why don't you drive? I mean you have a car and stuff..."

I shrugged. "I don't know. Just don't feel like it I guess." The bus showed up and we got on. Ty got off first.

"Promise me, we will hang out over break yeah?" He asked.

"We'll see." I smirked. He made a text me motion after he got off. I stuck a hand out the window and gave him a thumbs up. I was one of the last people off. When I got off the lights were out per the usual and both of my parents were working. We never got to see each other except for the weekends, but even then we don't do too much.

There was a letter on the table.

Dear (Y/N),

Your surprise should be in your room when you get home. If not it will arrive at the door shortly after. We hope you enjoy.

Love,

Mom and Dad

What did they get me? I walked up the three flights of stairs looking at my phone hoping to see a text from Max. No such luck. He hasn't talked to me for weeks now and I'm starting to worry. I opened my bedroom door and on the bed was my favorite ginger.

I smiled a huge smile. "Max!" I yelled. I jumped on him still on the bed. "I'm so happy to see you!"

"Hi, (Y/n). Sorry for not talking to you recently. I didn't want to ruin the surprise." He pulled me into a hug.

"If it meant I would be able to see you again, I would do it again." He stood up, but I didn't let go.

"Uh, (y/n)... I have to use the bathroom." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh, um." I let go, "I didn't want the moment to end." I said embarrassed. I can't believe it... my surprise was Max...

When Max was in the bathroom I pulled out my phone. I sent a text to Ty. I don't think we will be able to hang out over break.