welcome to Appleway

Gracie pov

I sat infrount of the mirror looking at my reflection in descuss. Yellow shirt with Brown jumper- what was my new school thinking when they threw this uniform together. And to make it even worse I was meant to whare a long skirt wich was 2 inchs below my knees. Like I was doing that. Of course beeing the rebellious 15 year old I was I had to role it up. "Gracie role your scirt down"my aunty said walking in. "Becky nock" I said mimicking her tone."I've tokd you before. It's aunty Becky" she replyed as I eyed my eyes.

"What dose it matter your dumping me off to some stupid catholic boarding school today anyway. You only managed a month" I scoffed. "I know you feel vunrable-"vunrable !" I intrupted. "Just because I'm in in a wheelchair dosent make me vunrable" I Spat. "The only reason I'm in a mood about my new school is this tat there forcing me to ware!it's not like I'm going to miss you anyway. This place is a dump. Don't know how the social let you adopt me" I Spat running my index thinger along the wall in descust.

"Well ill miss you but i miss your attitude" she scoffed as i rolled my eyes and grabbed my lether jacket as it was september and cold. I then shoved my dark purple dip-dyed naturally wavy hair into a upturned ponytail as I wheeled out the house.

***train***

The 2 houer train journey from Birmingham to London where my boarding school was taken up mainly by dirty looks. I guess it's not everyday you see a 15 year old kid in a wheelchair making a 2 houer journey alone. What can I say I'm not your typical teen.

Once I got off the train i waited at the bus stop. Out of my pocket I fished out my flag box and lighter. Like I said I'm not your typical teen, besides it was only to help hide some nevers,help me keep my walls up. I slowly lit the cig as the warmth of the lighter radiatrd my cheeks in contrast to my cold surroundings.

"Your two young to be smoking." an old woman said next to me. "And you to old to give advice" I scoffed. "People like you give a bad name to the youth of today. I know really your all caring inside" she replyed."I ant got a single careing boan in my body" I chuckled showing my thick brummy ascent. "Everyone dose" she awnserd. "Whatever" I sighed giving in as the bus came.

As I sat on the bus the words of that old woman came back to me. What a small minded creature she was. She knew nothing off me.no one did. And I intended to keep it that way.

The bus journey was about 10 muinits and i then adventualy made my way to Appleway school as I staired up at it.

It was prity big.it was an modern edgy looking white biulding with big steal vintage looking electric gates wich despite being retro looked prity new. The ground at the front was a good acor with grass and picnic benches. The only thing that stood out was an old looking sign.

Welcome to Appleway Catholic boarding school.