Chapter 33: Final Court Date

Wonwoo's p.o.v.

"This is it." I said randomly as I sat outside the courtroom with my mother.

"Wonwoo, I-" My mother said but I cut her off.

"If you are trying to apologize, don't." I said. "I don't want to hear it."

My mother said nothing after that and there was silence between us for awhile after that.

"I wanted to do something." She said after a few minutes. "I really did."

"If you wanted to do something so badly then why didn't you?" I said, actually turning to look at her. "Yeah sure you didn't know everything that was happening but you saw him hit me! How could you just forget you saw that?"

"I didn't forget sweetheart. I didn't forget at all." My mother said and shook her head. "I thought about it everything day and I wanted to do something but I also didn't want to lose my husband. Can't you understand that?"

"What if it was you he hit?" I asked and my mother looked shocked. "Would you still be afraid of losing him?"

My mother just sat there with her mouth open, unable to answer my question. I became annoyed as she still didn't answer so I stood up and walked away from her.

I don't understand how she could have seen that and not have done something right away. She only thought about herself and the fact she didn't want to lose her husband. Who she is completely fine with losing now, seeing as they are getting a divorced.

None of this makes any sense to me.

"Wonwoo, it's time." The manager called to me before we made our way into the court.

We entered and sat exactly where we have the last two times we've been here. I looked across the room and my dad was exactly where he has been, along with his lawyer. Hopefully after this he'll be gone far away from me, in jail.

"I see we are all here." The judge said and everyone listen to hear what he had to say. "The jury had a hard time with this. It is very hard to make a judgement on these types of cases where it the word of one individual against another."

I feel like this is not going to go the way I want it too.

"However, Mr. Jeon pleaded guilty to two of the acts Wonwoo talked about so he must be punished for those." The judge continued.

Does this mean they didn't believe me?

"Mr. Jeon is guilty of sexual assault with a minor as well as sexual assault." The judge said. "He is sentenced to 5 years in jail followed by 2 years of parole. Court dismissed."

I stood and followed my manager out of the courtroom as police officers took my father away. I'm unsure how I feel. On one hand, he's gone but, on the other, he will be back in only a few years. I don't know why I would have expected anything different. He wasn't going to be sent to jail for the rest of his life. He didn't kill anyone. I should be happy with the outcome.

"You're being quiet." The manager said as we drove back to the practice room. "Not that you're not normally. I just figured you'd have something to say."

"What is there to say?" I asked as I stared out the window at the other cars and building zooming past. "I'm just glad it's over with."

"I bet you are."

It was quiet after that. The only sound came from the radio, that was on a very low volume setting.

When we arrived that the practice room I said thank you to the manager for all he's done for me and headed inside. Everyone stopped dancing when they saw me come in. As far as I knew only S.coups, Jeonghan, and Mingyu actually knew what was happening and where I was going. S.coups just told everyone else that I was having family issues.