Chapter 34: You're Safe

Mingyu's p.o.v.

I made sure to hurry back when we were all heading back to eat dinner.

I told Wonwoo that he would be fine without me but I don't think that that's true. I think he's really fragile right now and needs someone to be with him at all times. I just knew he needed some peace and quiet, something you can't get around all the members, and I also knew S.coups probably wouldn't let both of us miss practice.

When we finally made it back to the dorm I rushed in and found Wonwoo sitting on the couch in the living room. He had his knees pulled to his chest and was spaced out while staring at the floor.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked as I sat down beside him and placed a hand on his back. "Did you still have a nightmare?"

Wonwoo didn't move but simply nodded his head. "When will this all end?"

I looked up and saw Jeonghan standing that the end of the couch.

"I'm sure it will fade with time." Jeonghan said. "Remember you didn't have nightmares until recently."

"He's right you know." I said. "It wasn't until all that stuff happened before we debuted."

Wonwoo nodded. "I did have nightmares when I first became a trainee but they went away. I guess, with time, they'll go away again."

"That's the spirit." Jeonghan said with a smile. "Come on, let go eat some food so we can continue practicing."

I stood up and was about to walk away, thinking Wonwoo would follow, but he put his hand on my arm, making me stop.

"What is it?" I asked, confused on why he made me stop. 

"Will you stay with me for now?" Wonwoo asked in a small voice. "I tend to forget my problems when I'm with you."

"Of course I will." I said and sat back down so I could pull him into a hug. "I'll never leave you Wonwoo hyung, I promise."

"Thank you Mingyu-ya." Wonwoo said, sounding a bit less sad and bit more happy. "You mean so much to me."

"You too." I said and pulled back from the hug. "Now let's go eat. I'm staving."

Wonwoo laughed a bit before standing up with me and following me to the kitchen where all the other members were getting ready to eat.

Wonwoo and I didn't really talk or anything again until after practice and we were home again in our bedroom, alone. It was normal for us to be alone. S.coups was always somewhere with Jeonghan and Vernon was often just hanging out with the younger members or at least that's what he says. We all know he's just hanging out with Seungkwan. Either way, it leaves Wonwoo and I alone in the bedroom for most, if not all, of the time in the night before we sleep.

"Earth to Mingyu." Wonwoo said while waving his hand in front of my face. I hadn't realized I spaced out.

"What were you saying?" I asked, now that I was back to reality.

"I asked if you were going to change." Wonwoo said. "You're still in your sweaty clothes from practice."

"Oh yeah, I probably should change." I said, standing up from our bed and walking to the dresser. "How are you doing?"

"Alright, I guess." Wonwoo said, unsure of his answer. "I'm just still shook up about what my mom said."

I sighed, unsure about what I could say to make him feel better.

"You don't have to say anything." Wonwoo said, confusing me.

"What?" I questioned.

"I know you want to find a way to cheer me up but you don't have to." Wonwoo said and gave me a small smile. "I just need time to think over what my mom said so you don't have to say anything. I'm doing just fine."

I sighed again and sat down beside Wonwoo, now that I was finished changing.

"I just wish you didn't have to think things over like that." I said and brushed Wonwoo's bangs away from his eyes with my fingers. "I wish I could do that for you. You've been through so much that I want you to be able to have a break."

"I'll get one, don't worry." Wonwoo said, still smiling. "Everything will be completely happy and perfect in a few months time."

"I really hope you're right." I said. "Things have changed so much since we told the members and debut and just everything."

"We're still going strong though." Wonwoo said while taking my hand, making me smile. "I'm so glad that I have you in my life. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"I'm sure you'd be doing just fine without me." I said while interweaving our fingers together.

Wonwoo shook my head. "I don't think I would be. I'm pretty sure you're the only reason I'm still sane at this point."

"If you say so." I said before placing a kiss on top of Wonwoo's head. "I'm glad you're getting better. I prefer happy Wonwoo, not that I don't not like the unhappy Wonwoo. Even if your zoned out face looks hot, you look better with a smile."

Wonwoo looked up at me with a smile. "Like this?"

"Yeah but it's better when it a real smile." I said before getting an idea. "Like this."

I removed my hand from Wonwoo's and used it to start tickling his side. Wonwoo started laughing, wiggling, and trying to shove my hand away.

After a minute I stopped and Wonwoo had a big smile on his face.

"There's the smile I love." I said and put my hand on his face, using my thumb to rub his cheek bone. "You're so pretty when you smile."

Wonwoo began pouting. "Did you have to tickle me?"

"Yes, I did." I said and smiled. "Soon I won't have to tickle you to get you to give me true smile. You'll be happy on your own."

"I hope that happens soon." He said and laid his head on my chest. "I hate feeling like this."

"I've never been depressed but it doesn't sound the least bit fun." I said and began playing with the hair at the base of Wonwoo's neck.

"It's really not." He said. "Let's stop talking about this and get some sleep."

"That sounds like a great idea." I said and kissed the top of his head. "Sweet dreams babe. I love you so much."

"I love you too."

I think he'll be able to sleep well now that he knows this is all over.

God.

It's crazy how things have changed so much.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
Last chapter!

There will be a short epilogue though. That will be uploaded in a few days.

I'm glad I got this all uploaded before my exams start because I made sure I'd have SeungHan completely finished before this was completely uploaded. Meaning that I won't have to worry to much about writing while I have to study. I still try so maybe I can get JunHao finished. Idk though, we'll see what happens.

Hope you all enjoy this story!