nine.

Sorry for taking ten years to update :P. I was at the beach all day and didn't have time, but here you go!

I woke up with an aching headache and completely oblivious to where I was. The room was mainly empty, just a cushion on the floor. It looked familiar. I didn't know why I was here, but it hurt to move so I just stayed put.

I had almost no recollection of yesterday, only faint remembrance of Drake being brought up. I could remember not handling it very well,
I could barely handle it when Kirstie brought it up.

"You finally woke up!" I turn around and follow the voice. "I thought you had died on me." I shake my head.

"That isn't funny, Scott. Why am I here?" I say, holding my head in pain. It was starting to throb.

"I could ask you the same." He says, taking gulps from his glass of...I didn't know what it was. Some type of brown substance. I couldn't tell if I liked the smell or not. "You showed up here randomly at like 1:00 in the morning." I did?

"What are you putting in your mouth?" I ask. I was actually curious. It was steaming, must've been hot. He seemed to really be enjoying the brown looking juice. He chuckles at me before walking over.

"It's called coffee. Differents love it. Normals have no idea what it is." He says, handing it to me. I push it away. The smell made me nauseous. "Suits you."

"My head hurts." He laughs.

"No shit." I glare at him. I wasn't in the mood for jokes, nor was I ever. "You had a panic attack, I think."

"A what?"

"You really don't know about anything!" He jokes. "A panic attack. When something emotional happens and you start freaking out and sweating. You ended up falling asleep so I figured I'd let you crash here."

"You asshole!" I snap. He raises on eyebrow at me. "You should've woke me up and told me to go home! What were we talking about that made me do that."

"I told you to stay true to yourself and then you started yelling about some kid named Drake." I cover my ears as my memory started to return. I remembered almost every detail. "Remember?" I nod.

He leaves the room for a moment. It was kind of random, I didn't know why but he came back quickly with a plate of little yellow clouds. That's what they looked like at least. He started picking them up with a fork and eating them. I looked at him like he was insane.

"Oh. Want some?" He asks, holding the plate out. I push them away as well. "Do you not know what eggs are?"

"That's baby chicken? Your disgusting!"

"It's not baby chicken!" Scott laughs. "Try some. I think you'll like it." He holds the fork out.

"I can't eat off of the same fork as you." He shrugs his shoulders and takes the bite.

"Why?"

"I can barely touch you, let alone put my mouth on the same thing as you." I snap. He puts his plate down and scoots closer to me, using one hand to point my head towards him.

His forehead goes and leans against mine. His arm wrapped around my small waist. I couldn't bring myself to move away. Our faces were touching, nose and lips only centimeters away from each other's. One small move could result in a kiss. I had never kissed someone before. I didn't know if I wanted to, especially with Scott. But I didn't want to move from the position we were both sharing.

"I don't believe you." He whispers. I close my eyes, feeling him moving closer and closer before the presence was taken away completely. He laughs to himself before taking off into another room. I quickly run over to him.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"It's 9:18." I sigh before sprinting out of the room and towards Drakes Den. I run away from the place as fast as could, hoping Kirstie would still be in Drakes Den when I arrived.

I slow down when I past a bunch of Normals and silvers. No need to get them on my radar. I make it to the den and open the door, not surprised when Kirstie wasn't there. Next stop: Kirstie's house. I had to talk to her. She was beyond mad at me and I was well aware.

So I slowly make my way to her unit, reluctantly knocking on the door. She opens it quickly, a hand on her hip like usual when she was angry.

"Kirs-"

"Should I just stop coming to Drakes Den in the mornings? That's what you want, right?"

"Kirst-"

"You were right, Mitchell. You aren't the person I made my best friend. He is far away. Whoever I'm talking to right now is even further, hoping for things that won't happen to him! You won't find a place to be free! It won't happen! This is our life."

"I know. I'm so sor-"

"You were right about a lot of things, actually! Like you shouldn't talk to me anymore. I'm done. You want to risk your life with blondie who isn't intrigued by you? Go ahead. I'm done trying to put reality into you. Once my best friend is back, come find me!" The door slams shut before I had a chance to say anything at all. I had to keep my emotions together. Don't cry, Mitch. Not in front of people. Keep yourself together.

I slowly walk back to my house, scared that
I'd start crying if I sped up, like a tear would accidentally fall out. I could see my house. Only a little bit farther. I could feel people staring at me. Was there noticeable tears in my eyes? Was I crying without noticing?

I feel a tap on my back. I turn around, wishing I didn't. It was a silver. He had dark skin and almost no hair. When he opened his mouth to speak, his teeth were the whitest thing ever, even whiter than what the Normals wear.

"Hi, can I ask why there are tears in your eyes?" He asks.

"They're watering. I'm sorry." I say as calmly as I could.

"From what?"

"I think I got something in it."

"In both?" I don't say anything. "Yeah... Can you come with me?"