epilogue.

This is literally exactly 9,373 words long, so if you are in a rush, don't start this.

I apologize for any errors, I only proofread this twice because it was so much to read.

2 years later.

Kirstie and I have been on our own for a while now. There wasn't many issues after leaving through the tunnel. I still thank Kevin in my head for helping us out. The town he told us about wasn't a lie. They are so sweet. That's where Kirstie and I have been staying.

I found out that the state we were in was called Utah. It was small, they said. It was pretty hot, but the winters were nice. We turned the AC up and sipped on a drink they introduced to us as "hot chocolate". It was absolutely delicious.

Kirstie and I wake up and still give Drake a minute of silence. I never thought about the Den when we left. But now I miss it a lot. I miss Drake more than ever.

They taught us this one tradition called Christmas. It's where you buy gifts for people who mean something to you. I bought a necklace, crystal, and a little figurine of a man falling. I gave Kirstie the crystal and necklace, kept the figure to myself.

Our house definitely wasn't as big as the one in the society, but it was so much more satisfying. We worked for it, we still do. We pay our own money for it. And get this, I'm 18 and an adult. It's crazy. Usually, I'd have to wait two more years to be one, but outside of the society, things are ten times different.

I still walk outside late at night. I've seen a few people too. They don't get in trouble here for it. But when I do walk, I just think. I think about my family. I miss them. I pray that Kevin and Esther have amazing lives. I think of Scott. Actually, I always thought about him. I didn't like admitting it, but I think I missed him the most.

I met new people and made friends quite easily. My closest friend, other then Kirstie, was Connor. He was gay, and he was the first person other than Kirstie and Scott that I admitted to being gay to. It felt great to say it and not have any worries. I was safe here. My thoughts couldn't be used against me.

I also met Mario, Megg, Jeremy, Candice, Tyler, Joey, and Daniel. We all hung out the most, including Kirstie. I think Kirstie likes Jeremy. I could see it happening.

I hear a few bangs on Kirstie and I's shared house. It opens quickly afterwards, and Joey appears in the door way. This happened a lot. Every time new people came, a lot of people in town would gather around and welcome them. It happened to Kirstie and I.

"New friends!" Joey cheers, running in and grabbing both Kirstie and my hands. He drags us out, us smiling and giggling behind him. The gates open and everyone creates a clear passage way.

We watch people walk in, and my jaw dropped so quickly. It was Kevin. His silver suit was gone, I had ditched my white one too. He had different clothes on. Behind him was Esther, two other boys, and...

Scott.

I saw the smile on his face. I wanted to look at  Esther and the others, but my gaze wouldn't leave Scott's figure. I hear Kirstie scream and run up to them, wrapping her arms around Esther first. I didn't follow, I actually turned and left. I look back. Kirstie was hugging everyone. I disappear into my home.

I didn't know what to do. My emotions were everywhere. Scott was back. After what he said to me, what I said to him. Our kisses. Everything would be so awkward now.

The door opens five minutes later. Kirstie comes and sits down next to me. She grabs my hands and rubs circles on them.

"Where did you go?" She asks. I shrug my shoulders and look down. "They all want to see you..."