seventeen.

It was awkward to say the least. Kirstie sat on one side while I sat at the other, neither one of us knowing what to say. She takes a deep breathe.

"I guess I should probably speak up, yeah?" She asks. I nod slowly, looking up to her. I haven't seen her this close in so long, her blonde curls still seeming to bounce perfectly to her shoulders. "I'm so sorry about everything. I should've never done it. Never. I can't take it back now and I have to deal with it. I know that. But what I can't deal with is living without you. I deserve for you not to talk to me, but I can't live without you. That exactly why I did it. I was so scared of losing you that I did it myself." She takes a breathe. "But this whole time without you, I've been trying to figure out a way to get you back that I even went to the man I despise, fucking Scott. We both know that I hate him."

"I miss you." I sputter, my voice low. "A lot." She sighs in relief.

"I miss you too, Mitch. So, so much. Can I hug you?" I nod shyly. She quickly comes into my arms, gravity pulling us to the ground. She chuckles slightly. "Can everything be over? Both us put the bad stuff we've done to the past?" I nod.

"I'd like that a lot."

"And can we both agree on no more Scott?" I laugh.

"I've dealt with him. Brought out sassy Mitch." She laughs.

"Oh no, what did you do?" In smile.

"I went off." She looks at me for more details. "I was with Esther and he walked in. Esther spilled about him telling people to stay away from me and I flipped out!" I say, dramatically. "I practically made him feel bad at first, then told him to keep my name out of his mouth, then told him to go fuck himself." Her mouth was wide open. "I don't think he will be speaking to me, or you, again."

"I like Esther. She is funny." Kirstie says. "Is she going to move to our lunch table?" I smile.

"I'll ask her if she wants too, I'm definitely moving back. I've missed you!" She hugs me even tighter, pecking my cheek.

"Im so happy we're sisters again." I chuckle.

"I have a question."

"Okay."

"You were with them for a little, right?" She nods. "Do you know who or about Salik?" She nods again.

"He is the guy that takes the Differents that were really bad, like Scott and Alex." Alex? "And I think Drake too. Practically, he took the people he didn't like and did the worst to them, like separated them from loved ones and even sent them to their death."

"Wow. Okay." I say. "Thank god Kevin took my negative records down or this man would've killed me." Kirstie nods. "Is that why they all hate him?"

"Yep. Salik and Scott aren't on good terms I'm pretty sure." My thoughts ranges back to when I first had heard about Salik.

"Do you know a guy named Draven?" I ask. Kirstie looked awfully confused, so I figured that was a no.

"I don't. Why? Do you?"

"No. I've heard of him, though. He isn't on Salik's good side." She nods.

"I don't think anyone is." She chuckles quietly. "Mitch, I love you so much." She says randomly. "I've never met someone so similar to me. You are my best friend and I don't care who you love, if you're a Different, what you believe, or what you do with yourself because I will always support you." I smile and hug her tightly, tears brewing in my eyes.

"You're so amazing, babe. I'm so happy to have someone like you in my life. I'm sorry for shutting you out for so long." I say.

"I'm so sorry for giving you a reason too."

"You were trying to help me. It's okay."

"That isn't the way to help a friend, especially you. I shouldn't have done it."

"You shouldn't have, but I'm over it."

"Are you sure that you don't hate me?" She asks.

"1000% positive."

"Mitch, one day you and I are going to go to that place you told me about. We will see the amazing things there and fall in love with the place and never come back. I promise."

"Don't promise me something that you can't keep for sure, Kitty." I remind her. She nods.

"I can keep it for sure. We are going there. I have no idea when, but we will. I'm sure of it. That's the place that we belong, not here, not with the Differents, not with the strange group that Scott and Avi and Kevin and Esther have, but this amazing place you told me about. Where there is color and happiness. It is my one goal in life to take you there, Mitch."

"Okay, Kirstie." I say. I wasn't going to believe it fully. I knew there was an extremely large chance that she couldn't take me there and that it was most likely not going to happen. She was just saying this now.

We both flinch when we hear a knock on Drakes Den. Kirstie looks to me in fear. I slowly go to open the door. When I open it, I see a tall blonde looking at his feet and taking a deep breathe.

"Can I help you?" I ask him. He looks up and into my eyes, and God I wish he hadn't. They are just as blue as I remembered.

"Can we talk? I can't stop talking to you knowing the way you took the the whole situation."

"Quickly." I say, looking back to Kirstie. I hold a thumbs up to get her to calm down.

"Can I come in?"

"No."

"Okay, well I never told people to not talk to you. I was looking out for you, I know you didn't want to see me and my friends are Esther, which you know, Avi, who is a Different, and Kevin who you met. I never did it to despise you in anyway. And I thought if I couldn't talk to you, no one could."

"Scott."

"Yes?"

"We'll talk later, okay?"