nineteen.

I didn't know why I agreed to talk to Scott. I thought it might be a good idea, especially after Kirstie told me how much he begged her to let him. Like he was asking his mother for something expensive, he wouldn't stop until he got what he wanted, and I guess that was me.

I decided not to be bitter, to hear him out and be understandable. I wanted to not hate him. I don't anyway, even with all of the reasons he gave me. I don't think I could ever hate him. The door to the den opens. I watch Kirstie wave to me and push Scott inside, him slightly chuckling when he trips on the door in the process.

"Hi." He says when he finally situates himself, taking a spot next to me on the sofa. "The first thing I'm going to do is ask you for a hug because I haven't hugged you in a long time and I miss them." I smile at him before wrapping my arms around his shoulders. He sighs in relief. "Now that is out of the way." I chuckle slightly. "I don't really know where to start, but here goes nothing." He takes a deep breath. "Yes, Kirstie did ask Kevin for some help in keeping you safe, and yes he came to me about it. That is all true. My intentions were to keep my distance from you. I never wanted to even say a word to you, just watch over you. That is why you saw me a lot before actually talking me, because I was watching you. That's sounds creepy."

"It does." I joke. He smiles, opening his mouth to continue.

"The first time we talked wasn't planned. Umm, I was walking in the instruction hall to make sure you didn't do something stupid, but I did something stupid. My clumsy ass-self fell over. I really, really didn't want you to notice. I didn't expect you to do anything except walk away awkwardly, but you came over and you asked if I was okay. I tried my hardest to ignore it, but then you touched me. That's when I lost it. I became so infatuated with you. I couldn't control myself around you, like when I stupidly decided to walk with you and find that bench. When we had that conversation, I realized what I was doing and stopped. But then I kept seeing you alone and I couldn't stop myself from walking over, especially that one time I saw you crying. I had to do something. I knew after we had our first talk that just watching over you would be hard. I had started a relationship with you. I didn't mean to, but I did. I got scared that I'd accidentally fall in love with you."

"Have you?" I ask, slightly curious. I didn't know if he'd tell me the truth or if I should've asked in the first place. Now that I have, I'm slightly regretting it.

"I thinks it's a big possibility." He says, looking down. "And I think it's a big possibility for you too." I nod. He wasn't wrong. "But I want you to know, when I was talking to everyone about you, I wasn't doing it to be mean to you. I wouldn't do that, especially to someone I like."

"Like?" I ask. He awkwardly scratches the back of his head.

"I thought it was obvious." I hadn't realized it, but maybe I'm just oblivious to his
straight- forwardness.

"It is now." I say. He doesn't say anything, just looks around the den. "I like you too." He looks up to me. "I think. I've never liked anyone before."

"It's a good feeling, especially when the person likes you back." Scott says with a smile. I knew he was talking about that Alex guy which made me a little upset, but they were over with, right?

"I don't think liking each other is a good idea, though. Isn't this how you got in trouble and marked?" I ask. He takes a deep breathe and nods.

"That's why we are going to leave it at this. I don't want you getting hurt and marked like me." He says. I didn't know if that is what I wanted. He made it clear that nothing would come from this, so I just simply agreed and hoped to get over myself soon.

"So...do we just get over it then?" I ask awkwardly. "You have to walk me through this, Scott. I've never done this and I don't know how to."

"Sometimes, you can get over it. Other times, you can't. If that person really means a lot to you and just can't, you'll know." He explains while half smiling/half frowning.

"But that's the thing. I don't know." I don't understand him sometimes. He doesn't know everything, does he?

"You won't know yet. Give it time. Trust me, you'll figure it out. It's hard getting over people, but it's doable."

"Have you ever gotten over someone?" I knew it wasn't something I should ask, but I was genuinely curious. Had he got over Alex? Did he wish Alex was back? I wanted to know.

"I have to try and get over you now, don't I?" He knew this wasn't what I meant. We both knew my real intention for the question, and he was trying to stall.

"I mean, like, before me." He was hesitant to speak, taking a breathe before opening his mouth.

"Yes." That wasn't the answer I wanted, but he was being honest and there wasn't anything wrong with that, even if you don't like or want the truth. It's better than a lie.

"Would it be mean if I asked who?" I wanted to know more, and once I started asking questions, I couldn't stop.

"Alex." He says. My lips find themselves forming into a straight line, I don't know why I was so shocked. I knew it was coming. "But that's the thing, Mitch. I'm over him." I nod. "Do I have your forgiveness? That's what I came for." Did he? Did I forgive him? It sounded like I just mistook everything that went down, from the deal and the whole 'no one talk to him' situation.

"Yeah. I guess you do."