Chapter Nine

Kiaya woke up and Mario was gone. "Mario?" she got no answer. "She called his phone"

"Hey babe what's up? He answered. There was a lot of background noise and voices.

"Where are you?" kiaya asked.

"I'm busy babe sorry i left this morning. I won't be home for a bit. I love you." Mario replied. "I got to go I'll talk to you later" Mario hung up.

"What?" kiaya was confused and pulled her phone from her ear. Mario was acting weird. Kiaya went and grabbed some food then left to go into the living room to watch TV.

July
It's been a month since kiaya last talked to Mario. She's been texting and calling,Leaving voicemails. "Are you okay?" kiaya's mom asked.

"I'm fine" but kiaya's mom knew she wasn't. Kiaya looked horrible,She hasn't slept. Kiaya is worried about Mario.

August
Still no word from Mario. School's almost here. "Kiaya let's go!" her mom called from the front door.

"Coming" kiaya said flattly. They were going school shopping. When they were done they went to kiaya's soon to be new school to fill out the enrollment forms.

"Kiaya i know you're worried about Mario,But I'm sure he's fine."

"You don't know that" kiaya replied. Kiaya stared out of her window trying not to cry.

September

"It's the first day of school,Kiaya wake up!" kiaya's mom said for the billionth time. Kiaya groaned then sat up in her bed and looked around her room. She got up and plugged the hair straightener in,Then got dressed. After getting dressed she straightened her hair. "Kiaya come on!!" her mom said from down the hall.

"HOLD ON" kiaya screamed. Kiaya unplugged the hair straightener,Grabbed her new bag and her phone along with a portable charger. They left the house and kiaya's mom drove her to school.

"Bye kiaya,Have a good day!" kiaya's mom said before driving off.

"Yeah right" kiaya muttered as she walked the steps to the front door. She went into the office for her schedule that never showed up in the mail last month.
"Hi,How can i help you?" Mr.Brown the assistant principle asked as kiaya walked in.

"Hey,I need my schedule. Mine never came in the mail."

"What's your name?"

"Kiaya O'neal"

"Ahh found ya" Mr.Brown had said in response after typing in her name. "Wait just a second" he said as he got up from his chair to go to a printer. "Here ya go"

"Thank you" kiaya said taking the paper. Kiaya walked to the door and opened it. She bumped into someone. It was Cat.

"Cat?" kiaya said confused

"Hi,Kiaya" Cat said clearly not bothered by anything.

"Do you know where Mario is?He hasn't answered any of my calls or texts for the last two months"

"At all?"

"Nope"

"Damn it" Cat said. Kiaya could tell she was mad. "I'll talk to you later" Cat said turning around "He hasn't told you at all"

"What?" kiaya asked confused but Cat was already half way down the hallway. All morning what Cat has said has bothered her. It really bothered her not knowing what Cat ment back there in the hallway. The bell rung,She looked at the time. Lunch time.
Great just what I'm looking for to humiliate myself since i have no friends and Cat is acting weird
She walked to her locker then heard a familer voice. Mario. She looked down the hallway fulled with other kids rushing to the lunch room and she saw Cat and Mario with a group of people. Then Cat stopped Mario and told the others something and they left. Mario had a confused look. Kiaya continued to watch them from afar