HIDDEN SECRETS

❝ I'VE COME TO REALIZE THAT LIFE IS JUST LIKE AN ICEBERG

I'VE COME TO REALIZE THAT LIFE IS JUST LIKE AN ICEBERG. ALWAYS WORSE THAN IT SEEMS. ❞

Life is hard

Life is hard.

Trying to figure out who you are. Having others know more secrets about you than you do. Being seen as a threat to an entire community. Fighting for yourself and your loved ones in a world that loves no one.

They're all tough things. But having to deal with all those at the fragile age of fifteen is extreme. How did Polly Kin's seemingly normal life get this screwed up?

 How did Polly Kin's seemingly normal life get this screwed up?

DISCLAIMER

I don't own Harry Potter, the wizarding world or anything else. All copyright go to J.K. R*wling. The only things I own are my characters and storyline.

To prevent any future confusion, I just want to clarify this now: this is not a Harry Potter x fem!OC story, or a Golden Trio or Next Generation fanfic. This is an OC-based book taking place in the Harry Potter universe in the years 2031—2032. My characters won't have any interaction with many canon characters, even though they'll still be around and mentioned. However, there are some canon characters that will make appearances throughout the story.

 However, there are some canon characters that will make appearances throughout the story

AUTHOR'S NOTE. PLEASE READ.

I started writing this story in 2015 and finished it in early 2016. A couple months after being done, I realized there was still work to do, so in late 2016 I took down the chapters and started revamping them and uploading them one by one. This started out as a good faith effort, but as 2017 came, my updates grew more sporadic until I wasn't even so much revamping the drafted chapters before putting them back up anymore, as I was doing minimal line editing and grammar checks. Then I fell into a huge writing slump that lasted until late 2018. A lot of personal reasons went into this, so I won't get into it, but on early March of 2019 was when I finally broke out of my writing slump and managed to finish the story.

So naturally, the first half of it was rather choppy compared to the second. There was also a significant shift in my voice and writing style that came as a result of my maturing over the years. My writing started out as pretty juvenile and honestly made me cringe as I looked back on it.

Not to mention, this is a three book series, and as I finished the second book and started working on the third, I realized there were scenes I wish I included earlier on in the story so they'd better line up with the plot down the road. Just overall, I wanted to do this story the justice it deserved so I decided to properly start editing it from the beginning.

Please be patient with me. I have most edits done as there aren't any major changes to the plot, just rewritten (or new) scenes, reduced fluff in the middle, more action, and foreshadowing for later books that I want to incorporate better into the story. That's why I'm calling it an editing process and not a rewriting one because nothing fundamental about the story is changing.

Hopefully, it won't take too long to finish the edits, so I apologize in advance if I spam post chapters going forward. I won't unpublish the second and third books for those of you who have already read this because those books are alright as they are, this is the only one that needs some work.

Please do not jump to those instead. You won't understand anything and will just spoil things for yourself.

All that aside, I finally want thank you for checking out my story. It means the absolute world as this was the first fanfiction I ever wrote on this website. So without further ado, happy reading!

~ Jay <3
(they/them)