X

I woke up to see I was in a dark room. Panicking, I thrashed around, only to find out I was tightly bound to the chair with ropes and was already experiencing robe burn from my movements. My wound was bandaged horribly, and I couldn't feel my left arm. I glanced at it and only found a metal stump.

I heard footsteps and froze at what I was doing as two figures appeared. One of them was a male and had green, palm-tree leaves-like hair and a headband with a alchemic triangle and a black bodysuit. The other was a voluptuous woman with dark brown wavy hair, a fitting black dress, exposing her cleavage which had some sort of tattoo in it, heeled boots and gloves with red lines ending in a circle.

"Wakey wakey," the male smirked, approaching me. "Did you enjoy your nap? We try to make you as uncomfortable as possible."

"W-What do you want from me?" I stammered, trying to sound strong. "If it's information you're both after, then sorry, I don't know anything!"

"We're not after you for knowledge," the male replied, playing with my brown hair. "We have another reason why we are holding you here..."

"My arm..." I said. "My arm...what have you done with it?!"

"Oh, nothing much," the busty female replied, holding it up. It was in a box that was yet to be sealed.

It didn't take long for the pieces to fall together. I thrashed around. "No!" I cried. "Don't hurt Ed or Al! They've haven't done anything wrong!"

"Quit your whining already!" The male snapped, kneeing me in the stomach hard. I gasped the wind knocked out of me, my ribs feeling like they almost broke from being struck so hard as I spat blood.

"Aw, Lust, she looks like someone I'll have fun playing with," the male smiled pitifully, even though I could see the bloodlust in his eyes as I paled. "Can't I bust her up a bit...?"

"Knowing your sadistic nature, you'll probably kill her before you get to that point, Envy," Lust replied, basically telling him no. "Besides, we need her in the best, yet weak state we can have her in. If we were taking photos and sending them, then I'd say yes. After all, what's the point of luring in the alchemists is she's dead?"

They both laughed and my pupils dilated, a sinking feeling coming down my injured stomach, fearing what next they will do to me.

*~*~*~*~*~

The giant clock tolled, waking up the sleeping Brosh. He snored awake, drool dribbling out of his mouth. "I'm awake!" He cried.

"It's closing time," Ross stated, standing up.

Brosh stood up as well. "It's been ten days already," he said. "I'm impressed they persevered until closing."

"To hell with it!" Edward shouted in the other room. The sound of an object crashing came after it.

Hearing that, the two soldiers yanked open the door to see a mess of the library as Edward and Alphonse sat in the middle of it. "A little quarrel between brothers?" Brosh stammered as he and Ross stepped into the mess.

"You can't get angry because you can't crack this," Ross scolded. "Throwing things won't help."

"We did crack it," Alphonse replied bitterly. "We did crack the code."

"Really?" Brosh smiled, glad that the ten days were finally paying off. "That's good, isn't it?"

"There's nothing good about it, damn it!" Edward shouted, punching the ground with his fist in frustration. "This is the devil's research, and shouldn't be perused. Dr Marcoh was right."