Chapter 8: Niall

"Two more weeks," I groaned as I did my next set of situps. "Two more weeks and I'm out of this shit hole."

During the rest of my time, I managed to talk to a few people who knew a few connections to Cullen Blackbourne. All I needed to do was get in touch with someone outside of jail, work my way till I find Blackbourne, find a way to work for him, and get enough evidence to put him in jail. 

The cell door opened, making me stand up. "You got a visitor," the guard said as he shackled me and guided me to the little meeting room. 

Once the door opened and I saw who was inside, my knees buckled. Roxanne was wearing a burgundy button dress with a tie at the middle section and her sleeves were above her forearms. Her dark hair was wavy the way I liked it and she was wearing gold hoop earrings. She was a beautiful sight that always managed to steal my breath away.

"This is an unexpected, yet expected, surprise," I announced.

"Niall Horan, you're outfit is very...fashionable." Roxanne smiled. She looked at the guard. "Do you mind shackling him to the table? I know that he has quite a temper," she said. I smirked at her, knowing exactly what she was doing.

The guard shackled me to the table. "If you need anything, knock on the door," the guard said before he closed the door.

I raised my left arm up that clinked due to the chain. "Was that really necessary?"

"No," she answered plainly. "I just don't care." 

I studied her for a moment, taking in her beauty and trying to make her feel vulnerable, just the way she liked feeling. "How are you?" I asked calmly.

"I'm not here to make small talk with you. I have business that I need to speak with you about that my lawyer failed to do."

"I saw your lawyer quite awhile ago, what made you decide to come now?" I questioned her.

"I had previous engagements that I needed to handle," Roxanne answered flatly.

"Previous engagements or did you need to gain the courage to see me?"

She leaned towards me, "I'm not afraid of you, Niall. Let's get that straight."

"Well, my darling wife-"

"Don't you dare call me that," Roxanne hissed. With her deadly glare, she slid the manila folder towards me. "I want you to sign the papers, Niall."

"And I thought you wanted to tell me how much you missed me," I laughed.

"Don't dream on it," she scoffed. "If you would be so kind to sign those papers, I will be happily on my way and you can spend the rest of your time in jail peacefully."

I slid the papers back at her. "I think we'll wait a little bit longer. I want to catch up with you."

She took a deep breath, "Niall, sign the papers. I don't have time for this."

"If you talked to Carl, you should know that I won't sign the papers until I have proof that your club isn't associated with mine."

"We know perfectly well that my club has no affiliation with you whatsoever."

"Where's the proof?"

"In the damn file," she snapped. As I looked in the folder, she spoke, "There is documentation proving that you were never financially part of my business. There were no expenses that were placed under your name, no payments under your name, and the proof of when I filed the divorce shows that you weren't part of it to begin with. Even the two year time gap of us being separated proves that you're not part of my club at all. Now, since you have those documents, sign the divorce papers."