Chapter 9: Roxanne

I slammed my door shut and leaned against my door. I covered my mouth and sobbed. Sliding down to the ground, I tucked my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. I was angry at Niall, upset that I let me get to me, and memories of what happened played through my head.

"Stop," I croaked to myself. "I'm strong. I have to be strong."

At that moment, my cell phone began to ring. I wiped my eyes and composed myself before I answered the call. Before I could speak, Mercedes immediately spoke. "Rox!"

I winced at the loudness at her voice. "What?"

"Were you sleeping?" she questioned. "Your voice sounds a little drained."

"Yeah, I was taking a nap. What's going on?"

"You'll never guess," Mercedes gushed.

"Mercedes," I began. "I'm really not in the mood for anyone beating around the bush right now. So, please, just tell me what the hell is going on."

"I'm pregnant!"

My breath hitched, "What?"

"I'm pregnant with your goddaughter!"

I bit my lip, trying to contain my tears. "When did you find out?"

"I just found out today! I was feeling horrible and super nausea. Then, I realized that I was like almost two months late. I bought a pregnancy test and it came out positive! Aren't you excited?"

"Very," I muttered softly so I could hide my emotion. "I'm so happy for Harry and you. Listen though, Mercedes, I hate that I need to cut this celebration short, but I need to go."

Mercedes paused for a moment, "Alright, something is wrong. What's going on?"

"I just have a really bad migraine right now and I feel sick. So, can I just call you tomorrow or something and we can plan a day where we celebrate?"

"Okay, feel better. We'll talk tomorrow."

"Alright, congrats again," I said and hung up the phone. I covered my face and cried. I stumbled up to my bedroom and dropped to my bed. I hugged my pillow tightly and continued to cry against the pillow. Regardless of if I didn't want the memory to replay in my head, it still did and there was no way I could stop it from playing. I blocked it out for so long, but the pregnancy of Mercedes was the key that unlocked it once again.

My hands were placed against the bathroom counter as I stared at the pregnancy test. I was pregnant. I had a feeling that I was for awhile, but I just couldn't believe it at the same time. Niall and I were barely married and I'm already pregnant? I didn't know how I was going to tell him.

"Rox?" Niall called out, knocking at the bathroom door. "Are you alright?"

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door and let him in. I showed him the pregnancy test. "Niall, I'm pregnant."

He looked at the test, at me, and then back at the test. "It's not April Fool's day right?"

I shook my head, "No," I answered. "Niall, it's almost July."

Niall shouted in glee and lifted me up, shouting, "I'm going to be a dad!"

I squealed, "Niall, put me down!"

"Shit, you're right!" he set me down gently. "Damn, do you think that would hurt the baby since I did that? I really hope I didn't."

"I think I'm fine, Niall," I laughed. "We're going to be parents."