Chapter 18: Niall

I had to meet Luther at Rudy's by seven at night, but I got there thirty minutes earlier than him. He was there exactly at seven. I got into the car with Luther to head to the location where the shipment was to be delivered to. Roxanne was worried about it, but I promised to text her when it was safe to. I told her to keep herself busy as much as possible so that time would go by faster for her.

Once we got out of the car, Luther introduced me to everyone. There was Donnie, Michael, and Spade. Blackbourne got out of the car and looked around. "Alright, everyone, turn off your cell phones, check your weapons, and keep your eyes open."

I turned off my cell phones and checked my gun. I quickly followed everyone into an old warehouse. There were only three dim lights inside the whole warehouse and in the center stood a group of men wearing expensive suits.

"Cullen," one spoke. "It's always a pleasure doing business with you."

"Same to you, Alcazar, do you have what I asked for?"

Alcazar snapped his fingers. Two of his men carried a large container and set it down. They opened it and showed Blackbourne what was inside. I saw that it was automated weapons that only military were allowed to carry. Arms dealing, I thought. So, he's involved with arms dealing and drugs. What else is Blackbourne doing?

Luther and Donnie examined the weapons and nodded at Blackbourne. Blackbourne looked at Michael and nodded. Michael placed two silver suitcases on the ground and opened them to reveal money. Alcazar's man walked over and looked through the suitcases. He turned and nodded at Alcazar. Alcazar looked at Blackbourne, "Always a pleasure doing business with you, Cullen."

"Likewise, Alcazar," Blackbourne replied. Michael and Donnie closed the container of the weapons and carried it to our side. "I expect the remaining shipment to be delivered soon. I provided you with the money upfront on time. I thought you would do the same for me, but I understand what it's like to have unexpected delays. When will the remaining shipment be brought?"

"By the end of the week," Alcazar replied. "I'll have a few of my men here with the shipment on Friday about this time."

"Excellent," Blackbourne nodded. He looked back at Luther, "Load it up."

Luther nodded and made Michael and Donnie follow him to the cars. Spade and I remained with Blackbourne. Blackbourne and Alcazar shook hands and parted ways. I got into the car with Luther and Blackbourne.

"What now?" I asked them.

"We're headed to Rudy's. Luther counts the money, you get to know the lads better, and you get paid."

"What else am I going to be doing for you?"

"Running on errands, going with us when there's shipments, knocking on the doors of the people who owe me money, and trying to make business deals happen."

"What do you mean about the business deals?"

"Niall, you see what I do. I buy businesses. There's one club in particular that I want, but the owner is playing hard to get."

"The Raven," I stated.

"Ms. Styles is definitely a pain in my ass. I want that club very much. However, I'm starting to wonder if I need to scare the girl in order to get what I want."

I had to control my body from tensing up. The thought of Blackbourne hurting Roxanne made me want to rip his throat out with my bare hands. "What's so special about that club? You make it seem like there's a chest of gold in the basement or something."