Chapter 30: Niall

Harry and I were forced to stay in the waiting room. The doctors were waiting on lab results for what drug was injected into Roxanne. While they waited on that, Harry called Mercedes and Anne to tell them about Roxanne being in the hospital. I wasn't in the mood to see them, but knew it was going to happen eventually.

"Who's Little Horan?" Harry asked as we continued to wait.

I rubbed my head and tried to remain calm. "Harry, I just watched Roxanne go through a crazy episode from a mystery drug, get put in a strait jacket, and taken away. This really isn't a good time."

"And you think you have some entitlement? Niall, I'm worried about my sister too. She has been put in the hospital because of you too."

"Because of me? Last I checked she was playing in that ball game too. She had involvement with those two assholes too. So, don't pin it all on me."

"All this could've been avoided if you didn't come back."

"She could've been dead or missing if I didn't come back!" I snapped at him. "Let's get something straight here, I love your sister. I never stopped. I never want anyone to hurt her."

"And yet, you chose a job where she's put in danger," Harry scoffed.

"She would've been in danger even if I wasn't a cop. Look, Blackbourne was under her skin before I came into town. He was pulling strings long before I really got involved. So, don't act like I'm the cause."

"Excuse me," the doctor said from behind us. "Are you the party waiting on Ms. Styles?"

"Horan," I corrected him. "But yes, we are. I'm her husband and this is her brother."

"I'm Dr. Trevor. I've been assigned to your wife's case. We managed to identify what was in that syringe. It was a mixture of a very strong lysergic acid diethylamide and had traces of methamphetamine in it."

I ran my fingers through my hair. "She got pumped with LSD?"

"It's the strongest kind too and it wasn't clean. That could be a possible reason to why she was hallucinating so severely. We're hoping that the LSD doesn't cause her to have any serious brain damage once she comes out of it. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to check on her again."

"Can I see her?" I asked before he left.

"Not right now," Dr. Trevor answered. "There are still some tests that we need to run before you go in. I'll send a nurse for you when it's alright."

"Thanks," I said as Dr. Trevor walked away. As soon as the doctor left, Mercedes and Anne came into view. Harry hugged Mercedes and Anne.

"Where is she?" Mercedes asked.

"The doctors are still running tests on her," Harry answered.

"Is she going to be okay? Can we see her?" Anne asked.

"The doctor said that he'll send someone over to us when we can see her."

Mercedes glared at me, "Was this your fault, Niall?"

I scoffed, "Alright, why is everyone blaming me? I wasn't the one who did this to Roxanne, you understand me?"

Anne placed a hand on Mercedes' shoulder. "This isn't going to help Roxanne get better. You need to calm down too. This isn't good for the baby." Anne looked at me. "Niall, can I talk to you please?"

Anne and I went to a private hallway so we could speak. I leaned against the wall and waited for her to tell me that it was my fault for Roxanne getting put in the hospital.

"Harry told me that she was injected with LSD and something else was in the drug. He told me she was hallucinating, saying things like 'Little Horan' and 'mommy'."