Chapter 24: Niall

Roxanne decided she wasn't going to open the club on Wednesday, but still had a staff meeting. She decided that her staff was going to have the club all to themselves on Wednesday to discuss the changes of the club.

"Alright, so I have designed these new drinks. We are going to be featuring seven new drinks and they will be sold in these," Roxanne announced during the staff meeting. She held a plastic clear pitcher in each hand. "That's right. We are going to sell pitcher drinks. The drinks will range from twenty-five to thirty-two a pitcher, you guys. This will give something new and will make things easier for you guys. Hopefully, it will help lessen the crowding around the bar as well. I will show you how to make each drink and you will taste a sample of each drink as well."

"That's going to be a hit," one of the bartenders said with excitement.

"Another thing," Roxanne held up black shirts. "New uniforms, along with a new uniform rule. Due to that thief finding a way to grab a uniform and pretend to be an associate, I will not allow you to tuck your shirts away in your lockers. You will only have one shirt. If it gets badly stained or gets a hole, I will take your old one and give you a new one. If you forget your shirt, I will lend you one that will be returned at the end of your shift. This is just precautions, you guys. Also, I have a new security towards the inventory. Now, it comes with a keypad and a card scan that only two people will have. Those two people will be Calvin and me. Calvin and I have an understanding with each other and we will not give the password or the card to anyone. Calvin has an earpiece now so he will be able to get the liquor you need. It really is a rare occasion for us to run out of liquor in bar, so it shouldn't be a huge deal. Does anyone have any questions?"

Everyone looked around the room, muttering no or shaking their heads. Roxanne nodded and called the meeting over. Roxanne went behind the bar to show the bartenders how to make the seven pitcher drinks. She also gave each bartender a list of ingredients as well. All the bartenders watched Roxanne work on the drinks, asking questions, and clapping their hands when Roxanne flipped the liquor bottle and gracefully catching it.

"Okay, so those are six of the drinks," Roxanne said, finishing each one. "All of them are original made by your one and only owner. The final one is called the Raven, our official signature drink. Now, this is the strongest one we will make, but also the most expensive. This one is actually going to cost thirty-two due to the liquor inside of it. The basic taste of the drink is a bit like grape soda. You're going to hit it with some red bull, sprite, grape vodka, blue curacao, rum, crown royal, and the big one, black absinthe. The red bull and sprite go in first, grape vodka and rum together, crown royal on top, and the black absinthe on the top. Splash it one more time with sprite. Then you have the Raven."

She poured each bartender and waitress a shot of the Raven and they drank it. Calvin cleared his throat, "Wow, strong, but also good."

"That will sneak up on someone," another added

"They'll all sneak up on someone," Roxanne smirked. "Now, we have to be careful with the ice. Little less than half should be enough to keep the drink cold, but enough liquor to make sure the customers get their money's worth. Alright, you guys study up on the drinks, try some more samples, make sure you have the gist of the new drinks. Now, you guys practice making those drinks, but don't use up all the inventory. Oh, I have three guests coming and they're going to have the wristbands on. So, you know what to do with those."

I smirked at Roxanne as she approached me. She sat down with me in the VIP booths. "They love you as a boss. They respect you and the bartenders look to you as if you're some sort of god when it comes to making drinks."