Chapter 25: Roxanne

Before the fight broke out, I was talking to Carl and Samuel about what Blackbourne and David were doing to my club. Samuel handed me the paper of all the calculations that he did. I rubbed my head in frustration.

"How could that amount go unnoticed? Were the numbers that carefully constructed for them to be easily missed?" I questioned him.

"I have two theories. The first theory is that David did this before. If that is true, then he would have experience making it go unnoticed. The second is possible that someone was let in to change the numbers."

"Like a hacker?"

Samuel nodded, "It's possible."

"Considering the amount," I began, looking at the paper. "I'm thankful it wasn't extremely high. I mean, this is a high number, but not enough to throw me completely off. Either way, money is money. Carl, tell me about the actions I can do."

"If you choose to do under the table, you can have David pay back all the money that is owed. We can strike a deal with him. Ultimately, it's up to you. With or without court, there is a way for him to pay you back."

Then, I heard the fight happening. I rushed out to see David and Niall going at it. A part of me wanted to give David a chance, but he had to go one way or another.

"What the hell were you thinking?" I demanded once the door closed to the office. Henry and Kyle were near David to make sure he didn't harm me or try anything. "That is my husband. You can't do that in my business."

"He doesn't belong here!"

"So, you decide to get in a fight here? That makes me question if you belong here too!"

"You're choosing that piece of shit over a man who has been by your side throughout this whole business? I have been here from the ground and up. He comes back into your life and I getting thrown out!"

"First of all, don't call him that. He is a good man, David. You aren't going to talk about him like that ever again. I'm really trying not to throw you out, David," I said as calmly as possible. "I can't have this kind of behavior go on."

"Roxanne, listen to me, you can't trust him. I get you two had some type of history, but he's anything but a good man. He is going to play you. You have to trust me."

I tilted my head to the side. "What are you talking about?"

"That guy that's been trying to buy you out, Blackbourne, Niall is working for him."

So are you, I thought. "How do you know this?"

"I have my connections. Listen, they got plans to take the business down. If you give Niall access to anything, he can give it to Blackbourne. Are you really willing to risk this company for a guy like Niall? Come on, Rox, you're smarter than this!"

David's hands were resting on my desk. That's when I noticed what Niall was talking about. "David," I said calmly. "Show me your arms."

He paused and his hands turned to fists. For the first time, I started to notice everything. His face was pale, covered in sweat, and what was once a groomed face was now covered in stubble with dark circles under the eyes.

"David, please," I urged.

Sighing, he lifted his sleeves up further. My jaw set to the side as I saw the rashes that were clearly from him scratching way too much. Slightly above where his veins were, was injection marks. I covered my mouth and took a deep breath. David lowered down his sleeves.

"You need help," I muttered. "When did you start?"

"Don't start pitying me, Roxanne. I don't need your pity."