Chapter 22: Niall

Blackbourne told me that I was to pick something up from one of his associates. I was waiting in front of a deserted building. I wished that I was with Roxanne. I wished I stayed with her in the gender reveal party and make sure she wasn't getting anxiety staying there alone. I knew that she could take care of herself, but I could tell that seeing Mercedes baby bump and the look on Harry's face was hurting her. She had a mask on with her family, but I saw through it. I knew she needed me there, but I had to do this. I had to continue pretending. Finally, a car pulled up and I couldn't believe who was coming out of the car.

I glared at David as he stepped out of his car. "The hell are you doing here?"

David smirked, "Blackbourne is paying me better money than your girl."

My fists clenched at how he said "your girl". "You work for Blackbourne?"

"I do," David answered. He handed me a briefcase. "Give this to Blackbourne and make sure you don't tell her what's going on, if you care about your life."

"What the hell is this, David?"

"None of your fucking business. By the way, does he know you're married to the woman he is trying to take down?" David asked with a smirk on his face. My silence answered his question. He laughed, "Well, it'll be fun to tell Blackbourne what is going on with the two of you."

I gripped onto his jacket and slammed him against the car. "If you fucking say anything to him or put her in harm's way, I'm going to-"

"What, Niall?" David laughed bitterly. "I'll tell you what, I won't say anything, but if you fuck me over, I will personally tell her what you do and I will tell Blackbourne. I bet he is going to love hearing that you are married to her. Imagine the look of his face if he finds out. He's going to think you're feeding her information and put a bullet in your head."

"Let's be real with each other, David. The only reason why you're being a bitch is because Roxanne rejected you. One look at me and she came back. You could never have her and that's why you decide to pull this shit. You're a fucking pussy and cowardly asshole." I shoved the briefcase into his stomach, causing him to recoil and cough. "If she gets hurt by either you or Blackbourne, I'll knock your teeth out and gauge out your eyeballs. If she so ever trips on something, I will come after you. You keep her out of this shit, got it?"

I rammed the briefcase in his stomach one more time and walked to my car. I slammed the door and drove off. I called Blackbourne and told him I got his suitcase. He immediately told me to go to Rudy's."

I stopped the car three blocks before Rudy's to look inside the briefcase. My eyes widened as I saw what was inside the briefcase. "Holy shit," I muttered. I quickly pulled out my phone and took a picture of all of the contents inside the briefcase. I quickly arranged it back to how it was before I opened it and drove the rest of the way to Rudy's.

I dropped off the briefcase and Blackbourne paid me for the drop. When I was a good distance from Rudy's, I called Smith immediately.

"I'm not at the station. We can meet tomorrow."

"No, we have to meet right now. You don't understand. The shit that I discovered is big. It's putting someone's life in stake. This isn't about the smuggling weapons or drugs, it's putting someone's life in jeopardy."

"Alright, meet me at my house. Enter through the back, okay? I'll text you the address."

Once I got the address, I drove to his house and entered to the back. I sat down in his kitchen table and sighed, rubbing my hands against my face in frustration.