Chapter 13: Roxanne

Taking a deep breath, I went downstairs. I wasn't sure how I was going to face Niall after our fight. For most of the time, I was lying down and thinking about our relationship. I thought about how he loved me when I pushed him away, when he found out about my past, how we ran away together, and how he protected me. All those obstacles led our relationship to this?

I looked at the couch, realizing that Niall wasn't there. His stuff was still there, he wasn't in the bathroom, nor the kitchen. Sighing, I picked up the empty bottle of vodka and beer bottles. I threw them away and leaned against the kitchen counter, running my fingers through my hair. I started to wonder if his drinking got worse. I remembered how he always went out after we lost the baby. I would go downstairs to make food to see empty bottles surrounding him and he was plastered drunk. He wouldn't wake up until late afternoon.

As I was heating up water to make tea, the front door opened and closed. Frowning, I walked over and saw Niall stumbling to the bathroom. The sound of the kettle going off made me go back into the kitchen to make my tea. I placed the tea back into the hot water and turned around to see Niall leaning against the door frame. I noticed his knuckles were covered in blood, had a busted lip, and a black eye.

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked him.

Niall snickered, "Like you'd care." He walked to the refrigerator. "Where the fuck is the beer?"

"In your system, probably messing up your liver. You even drank a whole bottle of vodka, Niall. Did you drink anything else?"

"Whiskey," he answered, leaning against the wall, swaying slightly. "After that, I don't remembered."

"You also smell like pot," I said. "Niall, sleep it off."

I walked away, but turned around when I heard a large crash. Niall was on the ground groaning and practically looked half dead. Rolling my eyes, I walked over to him and dragged him to the bathroom. I placed his head near the toilet and rubbed his back. He gagged and threw up. I kept his head in place as he threw up. I cringed at the smell of the pot that lingered on him. I always hated the smell of that stuff and never fully understood what was so special of that stuff.

"Come on, I'll help you to the couch," I grumbled.

He pushed my arm away. "I can do this on my own. Just like you...doing things on your own all the time." Niall gagged again and buried his head inside the toilet.

I bit my lip in annoyance and got up. I grabbed a glass of water and poured it on his hair. Niall slowly turned his head to me with annoyance and anger, but I simply smiled at him.

"I would be so pissed off at you if that didn't feel good," Niall growled as he turned his head back to the toilet.

I went back to my bedroom to change into my clothes. I had a meeting with Carl and Samuel regarding my club. I needed to make sure my club was clear from Cullen Blackborne's hands. I wore a burgundy button up shirt with black slacks. I slipped on my gold pumps that matched my hoops and necklace. By the time I was done tying up my hair, the doorbell rang. I went downstairs, closed the door to the bathroom where Niall was passed out, and opened the front door.

"Hi, gentlemen," I said, leading them to my office. I took a seat behind my desk. "Please, tell me there's good news."

"Well, you haven't signed any paperwork from Blackbourne, correct?" Carl asked. I nodded at him. "I recommend that any paperwork you receive from Blackbourne or any in general, you should read them thoroughly. Ask many questions before you sign any documentation. Blackbourne is known to find someone to sneak into a businessman's office and slip a paperwork inside, in hopes that the owner doesn't read it thoroughly."