Introduction

Chin up and abdomen as straight as plank, breath was somewhere stuck in throat.

"Sipahi!!!

Line Ban!"

They all fell into a line. Lieutenant looked at every Sipahi to ensure. From alignment of shoes to alignment of eyes, he checked every single thing.

Lieutenant stopped right in front of them.

"huh! You two! So far all good, Let me see for how long," Lieutenant said.

"Not today! I won't give Lieutenant one more chance," Manik stiffed even more with this thought.

His eyes were jammed to a point, lips firmly closed and breath almost controlled.

And there he heard sound of brakes. Bus was nearby. He filled his lungs with long breath and hardened his face as much he could. He wasn't going to get distracted at all with those audacious girls' antics. At least he thought so.

Bus stopped right in front of his eyes and there he saw those trickster girls.
Chirpy, laughing and young! Full of youth and life; Disciplined and indomitable, A total contrast meets every day at practice ground of Indian Army Academy.

"Tukdi!!!

Saaavdhaaan!!" Lieutenant said.

To resist looking at those beautiful college going girls, was hard task for every young sipahi there.

Manik was still staring in blank as if has gone blind. There she came right in front of his eyes, waving and smiling. He couldn't move his gaze. A gasp escaped his throat. He didn't want to get punished for indiscipline third time in row.

"One out," Lieutenant lashed on one of Sipahis who was found smiling back at those girls.

"Sir! But those girls out there, are distracting us," that boy clarified.

"How dare you?" Lieutenant lashed on him again.

"We're gone bro! Again!" said Harshad who was standing right next to Manik.

"Not this time," Manik answered.

"You rats! You think I am not listening to your coward talks," said Lieutenant.

He walked by them but didn't get to know about the owner of whispering.

"Nandini!! Let's go!" Manik saw her getting dragged by a friend.

His gaze followed her and then returned back to focal point.

Yesterday, she sent a flying kiss to him and he was left open mouthed. Aftermath was painful. He and Harshad had to run 100 rounds of ground. And Lieutenant's lashes on their rears, he gulped the painful thought.

He closed the eyes seeing her go away. He was saved.

A sharp fierce lash on his rear, he was caught making that relaxed face. Harshad couldn't control laughing and he got the same treatment.

"This is amazing. When we thought we were going to have some breakfast after this tiring drill, we are again punished," Harshad said, "wow! This is just superb."

Manik had this stern face while running. They had 5 Kilo of weight on their backs.

"And those girls, I am in just louuuuu with them," said Harshad, "They come every day, prank us and left us punished. I am waiting for Sunday, when we go out there and find those little...beautiful girls and...and beat them."

Manik looked at Harshad. "Shut up! If you don't want to get 100 rounds more," said Manik.

Manik too was waiting for Sunday when they go out in town. Not like, he had plans to chase down those brats but if given a chance, he had some scores to settle.
"Nandini," he mumbled the name and smirked.