Chapter-49

"This was the kitty you were talking about," Mrs Murthy yelled at Nandini as dramatic hustle bustle came to center stage at last. 

Nandini bit her lower lip totally trying to look cool about whatever was going to come her way. She couldn't be held guilty when she was not. 

"A boy in your room past midnight...I don't consider it fine, Nandini," Mr Murthy said in a very controlled tone. He was settled in his throne, well, he absolutely thought he was the king and this was his empire. 

"I can't believe this is what you have turned into," Mrs Murthy couldn't be behind. She had to sound equally hurt so that her husband doesn't end up taunting her again. 

"Stop overreacting, Mom and Dad," Rishi spoke with apparent furrows on his forehead. Drama he was witnessing was high notch. 

"She hasn't committed a sin," He added and Daadu chuckled making it very difficult for Nandini to put a blank face. She so wanted to join the bandwagon. 

"What's so funny, Dad?" Mr Murthy asked and Daadu shook his head in surrender. 

"It's because of you..." Nandini rolled her eyes as she knew what was coming her way. 

"Not again, Dad. Don't even think to drag Daadu in it," She warned and Mr Murthy got off his giant chair. It seemed like he waited for hellion to speak something. Nandini suspected how her father loved to brawl with her. He seemed to be waiting for it. 

"So you spoke," He said reaching her. 

"Your tongue, young lady," He started and Nandini waited. 

"This tongue of yours would land you in some big trouble someday," He added. Before he could charge on her more, landline rang. 

"Singh," Mr Murthy exclaimed while Nandini's ear grew to catch what was it. 

"See, I wanted to file a FIR but he...is your favorite cadet so I am letting him go," He added while Nandini's face turned hot. She could feel this justified ire building inside her. 

"And yes, you better take some action otherwise I have to inform someone who will," He threatened. Nandini looked at Daadu who was in some thought. 

"I am going to come over tomorrow, yes," His tone mellowed down a bit as Nandini knew how to end all of this for now. She rubbed her palms as her father disconnected the call. 

"What do you want, Dad?" She asked and Mr Murthy's face lit up a bit. 

_______

"This is ridiculous," Colonel Singh yelled as he hung up the call. 

"All because of your foolishness, Manik," He added getting up. 

Manik was standing in his office with his head hung low. He was ashamed for a lot of reasons. 

Colonel Singh paced across the room trying to calm down. He was in his night robe with his beard wrapped in net. His night couldn't turn worse than it. 

"You are one of my finest," He said as he walked to Manik. 

"I am sorry, sir," Manik mumbled and colonel again started to pace across the room. 

"You are son of great Aakash Malhotra. Understand what legacy you carry," Colonel added sincerely. 

"All this foolishness would lead you nowhere," He said trying to sound considerate. 

"It won't happen again, Sir," Manik mumbled lowly totally regretting something he hadn't put his finger on. 

He wasn't regretting meeting Nandini but he was regretting breaking the rules. He didn't regret it before but then getting caught was never on his mind.