Chapter-58

Thank you for the tremendous love on previous update. I love reading your feedback!! Keep the comments coming! 💕💕
.
.

Sullen faces, imprecation sitting at the tip of tongue and windy background! Morning wasn't much of a happy place. Harshad glowered at the big window as if could hurt the sentiments of that glass-less frame while Samit yawned. Night didn't actually go how it should have. A cottage at the hilltop, dreamy interior and some young blood, setup was sworn to be amazeballs but then who had told them reality could hit you harder than Manik's death stares. Samit sighed as if agreeing to Harshad's silent thoughts. Entire night that big window had let in icy winds and aeolian sounds they made in that empty house. It was like a backdrop which could make already scary movie spine chilling. 

Manik coughed as Nandini walked in all pepped up about the view from the window. He bullied Harshad and Samit to look a bit less sullen. 

"Who has died?" Nandini asked looking at Harshad's sleep-deprived face. 

"Someone is going to," He murmured under his breath looking at Manik who busied himself in untangling the curtains to look very engrossed in work. 

"There comes the food," Samit exclaimed with a smile as Sahiba walked in with a tray of food. Harshad's face lit up like a zero-watt bulb seeing the steaming hot food. 

"Aloo parantha with some spiced yogurt," She said putting the tray down on huge mattress where boys were having a silent war since morning. 

"You're the best," Manik was literally thankful to Sahiba as he said that. 

Before Mrs Singh could smile properly, hot-case was emptied by the starving wolves. She smiled nervously and left to make some more. 

"I can help," Rishi offered as he walked in with a huge tiffin in his hand. 

"I know these army men eat like beasts," He remarked while Sahiba laughed. 

"Don't tell Nandini that I brought it from Murthy mansion," He requested and she nodded in understanding. 

Nandini's stubbornness to be away from everything which belonged to Murthys was not endearing but it wasn't unjust either. That kid was hurt beyond limit by her own parents. She had all rights to be bitter about them. Her heart went out for Nandini every time she thought about trauma she must have gone through but she never shared. She just hoped Nandini would let go of everything with time. She believed even her parents would reconcile when they would realize their deeds. 

_______________

"What do you mean you cannot help?" Amisha asked in a baffled tone as she sat in front of Colonel Singh. 

Colonel Singh was in robe as he sat his chair in his office which was specially open because of some unexpected visitors. 

"I cannot help you in meeting Nandini," He stated as matter of fact. His face had this sadist simper as he answered that woman. 

"She is our daughter, you cannot stop us from meeting her," She stated only to realize how she had invited an open mockery. 

"Your daughter? Not even closely," Colonel Singh couldn't leave the chance, "Ask the father to come inside and talk to me." 

She licked her lips as she tried to control her fake tone. 

"Or is he too afraid to meet an army man and that's why you are here?" Colonel Singh exactly knew how to have the best of a situation.

He simpered while Amisha glared him.

"Come on, Singh. At end of day, even you would want Nandini to be with her family instead of keeping her here," She stated.