Chapter-53

I guess longest chapter ever.

-----------------------------
"This is crucial for our college's reputation, Nandini," Principal sir pleaded to Nandini. 

"Please," He added for an extra effect. 

Nandini huffed for the hundred time in this conversation which was going on from past 20 minutes. 

"I told you, Sir. I don't care. I am not accepting this internship," Nandini cleared and got off the chair. 

"Please sit down," Principal said a bit dramatically. It wasn't easy to keep her there for that long. 

 "I seriously don't want to pose a threat here," He added and Nandini glared him. His room was nothing less than cheap gamble room which was dark and dull. It was past 8 and Nandini was still stuck there. 

Last two days were next level definition of hell for her. Things were shaping up quite bad. She was at her weakest and there was no one who was sparing her. 

"I would not like to hold back your result and ruin your hard work of three years," Principal said finally letting go of pleading tone. 

Nandini bit inside of her cheek taming her anytime-could-explode anger. 

"You are forgetting, Sir, that nobody can hold back result of anyone for no bloody reason," Nandini spoke like a resourceful girl. She never in her weirdest dream had thought she would be fretting over a degree and how an average student like her would be threatened over it. 

"Not for a badass," Principal said with a simper as he dived in his chair. 

"You have quite a list here..times you have screwed up, Nandini. Like how you didn't show up half of year last session and how you behaved with one of your professor's over an assignment. I am sure you have got a weak case here," He said hinting at her bad record. 

"Try me and look how weak my case is," Nandini said not getting intimidated by that actorly warning. 

Getting up, she straightened her loose shirt and turned around to leave the dark room. 

"I am not trying to scare you kid," Principal's severe tone made her halt in her place. 

"You are just an average student in batch of 300 final year students and believe me no professor of yours is going to write you a testimonial. Don't ruin it for yourself and us. Think about it," He added gravely. 

Nandini heard the unnerving jerk speak his sadist mind and then stormed out of his office. 

___________________

"Not allowed," Officer in charge informed Manik as Manik stood at counter impatiently to get permission letter to go out this weekend. 

Manik gaped the man in disbelief hoping how he was joking about it. 

"I don't get it, Sir," He mumbled and officer scowled at him. 

"Don't block the counter and let the next cadet come," Officer said. Manik shifted a bit giving one of his seniors place to correspond over the counter. 

"Cleared," Officer informed the other cadet and Manik's brows scrunched witnessing an utter bullshit taking place. 

"But I did compete all my penalty tasks pretty fine, you can ask Major Khan," Manik spoke a bit louder than he had thought. 

"Questioning order is another violation. I hope you know, cadet," Officer said trying to warn Manik enough. 

"Now please leave the counter and let others come," He spoke irately and Manik left the place totally feeling a wreck in his mind.