Chapter-50

Mr Murthy's eyes followed Nandini's artless gaze and it didn't take him two seconds to remind Nandini what she had promised.

"You promised," He whispered in her ear and Nandini already felt like screwing all the cursory promises.

"Don't forget I..." He started another chain of words and Nandini had to reply the impatient man.

"I remember Dad. Get over these stupid threats," She snapped at her father. Manik's gaze had this blend of glee, impatience and something very unknown. Nandini hadn't seen such shade in his eyes before. He looked so serious all of sudden.

Nandini smiled at him as if trying to tell him how much she had missed him but Manik was somewhat lost in emotions he was feeling. His feet worked towards her direction and it didn't take Mr Murthy a second more to drag Nandini amid fancy crowd.

"Leave my hand, Dad," Nandini said through her teeth.

"I am not a kid," She was mad.

Her eyes struggled to keep Manik in her sight.

"You are not meeting that cadet here," Her father declared and dragged her somewhere.

Manik's feet didn't stop even when he had lost Nandini in that huge gathering. She looked different tonight. When his eyes had found her, twinkle in her eye was missing. She looked like someone who was thousand miles away from him. Her sparkling dress dimmed her shine. She seemed like a faraway dream.

Out of sudden, a fear had engulfed him. It was again a stupid wave. It was like she was going away. His eyes roamed around to search her. There were people everywhere. All belonged to elite class. Manik was of course out of place.

His eyes caught glimpse of that same man who had dared to clutch Nandini's hand and she hadn't punched his face in return. If he was asked, Nandini looked out of her element.

That guy was laughing his heart out and as Manik proceeded towards him, he found Nandini standing beside her father just next to that irritating guy. Her eyes were dancing as if she was trying to catch someone.

It has to be him. Manik caressed his collar already in a smug that he was the one. Though she never confessed but he somewhat knew that he was special ever since they had met. Her exclusive heater, entertainment package, kitten and what not.

Nandini's eyes finally found her man and her lips formed a smile which could transcript fireworks. Mr Murthy stiffened as he saw brass-necked Cadet walking towards them. Renesh's eyes followed the amusing subject and he too stopped giggling.

"Manik," Nandini called before her father again starts chase of mouse and cat.

Manik sighed finally hearing the voice he knew. His girl wasn't possessed. He was relieved.

Mr Murthy glared Nandini and she shrugged her shoulder totally telling how she was behaving very well.

Manik reached them and passed Mr Murthy a tight lipped smile. He was angry for something unknown and couldn't even hide it.

Nandini bit her lower lip totally screwing her lipstick which her mother had chosen spending an hour. She couldn't tell how difficult it was not to hop on her cadet because seeing him after two days was like fur balls snowing in month of December.

Tapping her feet, she saw her cadet dancing his toes inside boots. He was nervous for sure. He called it nervousness while she named it excitement.

"What are you doing here, Cadet Malhotra?" Mr Murthy asked totally masking his face under sweet smile.

"I am..." Before he could answer, an announcement dimmed the light. Nandini sneaked a bit off her father's shadow as she walked where Manik was standing.