Chapter-37

Three night and a girl standing on other side of glass window.
He had started to spent his days waiting for night where he would sneak out just to stand under her window. She would come to the window as the dog would bark endlessly and then frown not finding anything. He was having it when he could have her. It certainly was stupid. 

Manik ended having last lap of big army ground and then walked towards locker room with a smile. He had been quite calm since his nights had started to feature her. She was getting feistier, he could bet. Her face was this window to her heart. He wondered if she had cried when he had pulled that brainless stunt on her. 

"It wasn't stunt, Manik" 

He murmured cursing himself for choosing those words. 

It was biggest mistake of his life. 

"Malhotra," One of his seniors yelled from afar. 

"There's a call for you," He informed and Manik's face lit like a hundred watt bulb. 

He ran to admin office leaping over everything which obstructed his path. He was stupid, he knew it. There was no way it was her calling him but how he wished. He couldn't wait to hold that receiver. 

"Hello," He spoke first and breathed afterwards. 

"Manik," Harshad spoke from other side of line and Manik's heart jumped off the skyline where mention of an incoming call had set him on. 

"You," Manik didn't want it to sound like a disappointment but it did come out that way. 

"Who would call you after what you have done," Harshad spoke when he didn't want to bring the topic up. It was just he too was somewhat mad at Manik for screwing only good thing he was going to have in his alone life. 

"Yeah," Manik's voice sounded like a sad whisper. 

"I didn't mean it," Harshad clarified and then added, "I am always going to call you,"

Manik rolled his eyes on that pathetic attempt of Harshad to lift his spirit. 

"Why did you call?" Manik asked impatiently. 

"I am coming back tomorrow," Harshad informed and Manik pursed his lips. 

"You did tell me last time," Manik said and Harshad sighed. 

"Did you try to make things better?" Harshad asked after a silence. He did sound unsure whether to raise the topic or not. 

Manik didn't answer but then he wanted to tell every freaking detail to Harshad so badly. 

"I did see her," Manik told in a low yet happy tone. 

"What did she say? Did she smack your head?" Harshad's voice was filled with excitement all of sudden. 

"I just saw her," Manik tried to clear even when he was saying the same thing. 

"What do you mean you just saw her?" Harshad's tone was back at being mad. 

"I have been going to watch her when she is working nights at some dog shelter," Manik elaborated in a low plain sound. 

"Why would you just see her when you should go and talk to her?" Harshad almost yelled and Manik had to take receiver a bit away from his ear. 

"I am scared. I don't know how to face her," Manik murmured.

"No, tell me. Why won't you talk to her and try to make things better?" Harshad had seemed to miss on Manik's mewl confession. 

"She would kill me, Harshad," Manik spoke out loud and officer on duty raised his eyes to look at him. Manik smiled awkwardly towards him. 

"So now you are scared?" Harshad couldn't believe this idiot of his friend.