Chapter-9

"Why she is taking so long?"

"How would I know? You must know she is your granddaughter"

Both the men tried to talk when Nandini was gone to an aloof motel for some urgent work.

"Don't you think she is taking long," Manik asked being a bit worried.

Daadu gawked his watch and then looked at dirty deserted motel.

"No, I think she is not taking long," He said casually after taking the dramatic pause.

Manik sighed in disbelief.

"Don't you get worried for her?" He asked in disbelief.

"No," This time Daadu answers immediately.

"Actually I am always worried for people with whom she is," He added.

Manik titled his head in agreement.

"That's well said, Brigadier," He agreed, "Who can know this better than me!"

Silence prevailed as both the men huffed and puffed as she still didn't return.

"I think I should go and check," Manik said and was about to step out.

"No, no, no. I have better idea," said the old man, "Go get the wheel before that daughter of devil comes and resumes her drive to hell."

Manik smirked and then winked at Daadu, "That's a good idea."

Manik quickly took the driver's seat and looked at Motel. She was coming out and she looked a bit angry. As she looked up and saw him sitting on driver's seat, she looked even more angry. Manik tried to calculate her mood as she stormed towards car.

"How dare you touch steering wheel?" She yelled and opened the door.

Manik and Daadu looked at her and then each other.

"Get out or else I will," She warned pointing her finger.

"Else you will," Manik asked in a calculating tone.

"I will...I...will," She fidgeted with words as she tried to find an appropriate threat, "Urghhhhh..."

"Relax Nandini. I told him to take the wheel," Daadu intervened and Manik sighed in relief.

"I thought you were tired," He added and Manik gave a nod.

"Otherwise You know how much I love your driving," He added and Manik looked back at him all shocked.

Nandini folded her arms and looked away, still trying to control her anger. Daadu winked at Manik and Manik chose to let him play his game.

"Do you think you can do this stupid trick, Daadu?" Nandini mocked and glared at Manik.

"Okay, we can't take your driving skills anymore," Daadu admitted.
"What we?" Manik interrupted and looked at Nandini being all terrified. He could not comment on her driving skills, no matter how mad they were, especially after what had happened few minutes back.

Flashback

Nandini was driving recklessly on edgy roads and it was almost impossible to hold breath for Manik. He was afraid and his face was enough to tell about it. He looked at her grandpa and then at her who was looking nothing less than a ghost rider with 90s rock music in background.

"Can you not scare the shit out of us and slow down for heaven's sake?" He yelled at her in loud music.

She looked at him and then smirked, "Did you say something?"