Chapter-59

"When did you return?" 

Harshad asked as first thing as he took his head out of his warm quilt. Manik was standing in front of mirror setting his uniform. 

"It's hardly 4:30"

He said rubbing his eyes and then got up his bed. 

"Have you even slept at all?" He asked looking at a smiling Manik. Manik looked more than enliven while working on his wet hair. 

"Get ready, Harshad. It's Reveille time," Manik replied him calmly and just then bugle started to play. He simpered at Harshad as if flaunting his sense of time. 

"We've got an entire week in front of us and we, my friend, are gonna kill it," He said holding Harshad's shoulders. Harshad did try to understand what had gotten into Manik but then dropped the idea knowing it was almost impossible to read his moods. 

"Yeah, long week and no girlfriend at the weekend either," He murmured to himself as he started to take out his stuff from almirah! He kept mumbling to himself while Manik chuckled at his sullen friend. 

____________

Alarm went off for 4th time after snoozing and Nandini took her arm out of woolly quilt to cater the screeching monster. 

It was almost 7. She frowned and then kicked the quilt away. Lying uncovered for a minute or two, she stepped on the floor only to realize how she was somewhere new. Her eyes scanned her new room and a smile played on her lips. She rushed to undo the curtains and sunlight instantly kissed her skin as if was dying to be touch her. A glorious view of snowcapped mountains welcomed her and she felt like screaming in joy. She wasn't anywhere else but at her own darned home. She stretched her arms and walked towards living room which was a mess. She kicked the boxes in her way and made a way towards kitchen. 

___

"Well done today, Manik," Major Rubin patted Manik's back before leaving the ground. A content smile played on Manik's lips as he heard his officer. 

It was 7. 

"I am starving," Manik said after smiling to his content. He didn't know after how long he was feeling this calm and carefree. He knew , he just knew how everything was falling into place. He smiled thinking how she would be waking up and getting ready for her college now. He soaked into sunlight and it did feel like a fur ball after all the snowfall last night. 

"You back there killed it, Bro," Samit joined him with a smile. 

"Major Rubin was impressed, and  I must tell you it isn't easy to impress him," He added genuinely. Manik gave him a modest smile before setting his eyes on the snow-capped mountain range which was standing tall in sun. 

"Someone had a good night, I guess," He didn't forget to tease his goner friend. 

Manik's smile turned a bit controlled as he heard the coy in Samit's remark. 

"Hey, nothing like that happened, Okay! Don't get ideas just because I stayed back," He said trying to protect God knew what. 

 Samit laughed to his heart's content listening his shy friend trying to clear out things he needn't to. 

"You don't owe me an explanation, Manik. You are such an idiot," He said between his giggles. 

Manik glared him artificially and then looked away biting his lip. 

Last night was the best they had ever spent till date, he wouldn't deny it. But the reasons weren't somatic. 

She had asked him to dance her through the night and he did. They did laugh their hearts out at songs he tried to sing. He did steal a few brave kisses while she was blabbering about her vague future plan which started from raising horses and ended at rescuing dogs.