Chapter-24

"Another party?" Asked Nandini baffled.

"Yes, another party," Daadu answered sharing the similar loathe. 

Nandini's mother was busy preparing for grand party as her son was returning after almost 2 years and she couldn't tell how happy she was. Nandini sat in middle of commotion trying to have her breakfast in peace. 

"I don't want a single glitch," Her mother yelled at some servant and Nandini pulled her cap even more down to hide apparent contempt on her face. 

"I will be pretty late tonight," Nandini informed Daadu kissing him goodbye. 

"Believe me, she will still be awake to tell you how irresponsible you were," Daadu quipped hinting towards Nandini's mother. 

"She won't even notice if I have come home or not, believe me," Nandini said carelessly and walked out of her house. 

Driving across the town, she halted her jeep in front of puppy rescue center. She walked inside only to find staff surprised seeing her there. 

"Nandini, what a pleasant surprise!" Uncle Bernard chirped opening his arms to engulf her in one warm hug. 

"How are you doing, young man?" Nandini asked breaking the hug. 

"I am fine as ever. How are you?" He asked and Nandini smilingly answered all his concerned questions. She for sure had surprised them all by sudden visit. She needed something to keep her away from her home and to ensure that she needed to make some arrangements. She had fixed herself a night duty with some lovely puppies. Things were sorted. 

_____________________

Manik set his hair for 5th time just to look flawless. Since when he had started doing that, it was still debatable. Harshad had already received some bitter nasty words as first thing in morning because he had dared to ask what was so special. He stood at a distance with 3 more boys and looked at Manik as if he was one cruel man. 

"This boy," Harshad pointed towards Manik, "He wasn't like this from always." 

Boys next to him looked at him amusingly as Harshad fake-sulked a little. 

"He used to be a moron but not like this," He added dramatically. 

"Stop overreacting, Harshad," One of his friends said. 

"I am not overreacting," Harshad yelled. 

"He, over there, that person is acting weird," Harshad said pointing towards Manik. 

Manik shook his head and buttoned his shirt. 

"Stop being dramatic, Harshad," Manik said casually. 

"I am not being dramatic," Harshad scoffed. 

"This guy talks in his sleep," Harshad announced taking everyone's attention. 

"This guy murmurs shit all night," He scoffed and got up on the bed. 

"I can dance well..Just give me one chance," He mimicked Manik and Manik threw hair brush his way. 

Harshad dodged it and smiled smirking. 

"This guy has spent last 15 minutes setting his hair," Harshad announced and dorm sighed in shock. 

"Yes, he did," Harshad confirmed. 

"This man yesterday had run 50 laps with rifle up grinning like a fool," Harshad informed further. Boys sang the teasing words. 

"Shut up, Harshad," Manik threw comb his way which again missed its target. 

"Then this man scolded his concerned friend like never before when he asked what was wrong buddy," Harshad acted faking a heart break.