Chapter-51

Everything's mess. 

"Dad, stop blaming it on Daadu"

"It's all his fault. He never let her listen to us and see what day she has brought on us"

"It's your damn fault that you never understood your daughter. Besides, she hasn't committed a sin."

"She is on front page, Rishi, kissing a guy. Do you understand what it means?"

"You are taking it on another level, dad."

"Media just wants gossip. I don't see wrong in two people sharing a private moment."

"This is not America, my son. Your father has some reputation in this town."

"What about Nandini, mom? Why nobody is thinking about her?"

"They won't understand, son. Leave them in their pathetic bubble."

"You stay out of it, Dad. It's because of you...."

Nandini threw the pillow away which she had clutched to her chest to suppress the urge to go give it back to her parents. She had have enough. She didn't bother to wear her slippers and stormed towards door. She had promised Daadu to stay in her room but her parents couldn't ever let her be. They always dragged her daadu in everything she does and now she won't stay out of it. 

"It's me who is on front page. Talk to me," She said in trembling voice as she descended the stairs carelessly. Anger wasn't doing good to her. 

"Take her inside, Aparna," Daadu insisted to only calm person there who was a silent audience to this untimely blaming ceremony in their house. 

"Please," He insisted and Aparna nodded sensing Daadu's plead. 

Daadu looked at disheveled Nandini who was ready to charge her parents with something nasty. He didn't want her to ruin it beyond limit. 

"Come inside, Nandu," Aparna held Nandini's hand as she stepped down last stair. 

"No," Nandini barked totally giving in to ire. 

"My great parents need to learn how to be brave and talk to me when I have done the so called felony," She said as she reached her father and stood in front of him almost challenging him to speak to her.  

"Nandini, Go inside NOW," Daadu said sternly and Nandini shook her head refusing to listen. 

"I said GO INSIDE," Daadu yelled at her and she gulped the liquid her throat had started to form. 

"You cannot save me from my own parents, Daadu. They want to bark at me, go ahead," She murmured not looking away from her father. He was scowling at her and she was unmoved. 

"Nandu, please," Daadu's voice pleaded and she tucked her messed up wisps behind her ear. 

Taking a deep breath, she turned around to leave for her room. She couldn't make her grandpa plead, not to her at least. 

Aparna followed her in haste. Throwing herself on bed violently, Nandini let out a helpless groan. She still hadn't learned how to let out. Her uneven whimper filled the room as Aparna locked the door behind. 

She took a deep breath and walked to Nandini thinking how she could make that little girl speak her heart. 

__________________

"Run till you learn how to follow orders," Colonel barked as Manik completed 14th lap with weights on his ankles. 

"Run till you learn not to screw it for yourself," He yelled as Manik reached a little far.