Chapter-27

"She doesn't want to meet anyone," Servant informed an utterly impatient Manik who had already walked inside. His eyes searched the big house to find the girl who had literally taken his breath away. 

"Tell her, it's me," Manik asked the servant. 

"She has strictly told us that she doesn't want to meet anyone, sir," Servant pleaded and Manik tapped his feet losing the last string of patience. 

"NANDINI"

He called out her name aloud and tried to leap on the stairs. Servant tried to block his way but he couldn't wait. 

"Nandini"

He again shouted and another servant blocked his way. 

"Sir, she would kill us," He pleaded only to get a scowl from Manik. 

"I am dying here. Do you get that?" Manik asked holding collar of already frightened servant. His face turned paler with scowl Manik gave him. Leaving his collar at once, Manik closed his eyes to calm himself down. 

"I am sorry," He apologized straightening servant's collar. 

Daadu walked out of his room listening the little ruckus and saw Manik messing with servants. 

"Manik," He mumbled with intent of stopping him from creating a scene. It was the time and place.

Before he could reach him, door upstairs flung open with a thud and there she stood wearing nothing but a woolen shirt. Her hair messier than ever, her face menacing yet sober, she was angry but tired; Daadu looked around to see if her parents were around or not. Door of their room was still closed, he sighed and leaped to take the matter in his hands. 

Manik took a deep breath seeing her after long ten days. He relaxed instantly. It was like he had found his umbrella amid the invisible rain. Her eyes were a little puffy, had she been awake for too long? Manik frowned. Her face a bit angry, had she been not talking? Manik fretted as he took another step. She pursed her lips infuriating and started her little roving towards him. 

Daadu's face turned paler as he heard room of her parents opening. They walked out while she stormed towards Manik. 

Manik took a step back sensing her fury. Was she angry on him? Reaching him, she punched him in stomach hard leaving him wincing in pain. Manik yelped. 

"Nandini," Her mother exclaimed witnessing the little scene of violence. 

Manik held his stomach and watched her face changing color. Her nose flared and frown took over the fury. 

"What took you so long?" She asked before hurling herself on him. Hugging with all her might, she closed her eyes letting out the caged resentment. Manik had to take two steps back to balance the force she was. 

"Nandini," This time her father shouted as she locked her legs around Manik's waist. Manik could feel how restless she was the way she held him. He breathed deep enclosing her in his arms. He needed it more than she did. Her hair had covered all of his face. Nothing mattered. He was at peace holding her like that. She wasn't gone. He had found her. Pain in his stomach was aching sweet as she put her entire weight on him.

"Get down, Nandini," Her mother growled coming closer to them. 

"What kind of behavior is that?" She asked yelling. 

Daadu didn't know whether to feel relieved or tensed. He was happy that she had finally come out and let it out. But looking at faces of her parents, he knew how she was in trouble. 

"I knew you couldn't be gone," He murmured and she hit him on back. 

"Ouch," He yelped and she laughed.