Chapter Three: Dinner

Lin's POV
I looked at the two new arrivals, inwardly laughing at their bewildered expressions. To be honest, I had kind of been expecting that.

"Lin and Daveed, let me introduce you to my daughter, Alice, and her best friend, Amanda Paine. Alice and Mandy, well, you know who these two are." Mrs. Bell introduced the two girls, and I found myself and Daveed standing up to shake their hands.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Miranda and Mr. Diggs. I have been waiting for it- the opportunity to meet you guys- for a very long time." Alice said, smiling brightly at me.

"Please, call me Lin."

"And you can call me Daveed. According to your mother, you have earned that right." chuckled Daveed, and I put an arm around his shoulder.

"Forgive me for being so bold, Lin, but why are you guys here? It's not that I don't want you here, it's just..." I held up a finger (no, not that one) to silence her, and I glanced at Cleopatra Bell, who nodded.

"No, no, I get it." I interrupted, putting my hand on her shoulder. She gasped lightly. "You see, I am meeting with your mother because she is going to be one of the understudies for Eliza Schuyler. Me and Daveed just wanted to get to know her better before we worked alongside her. So far I'm impressed with what I see."

"What?!" whispered Alice, sitting down in a chair with her hand over her heart. "How can that be?!"

"Sweetie, I'm so sorry I didn't tell you. Especially with mid-term exams coming up, I didn't want to stress you out more so than you already were." Cleopatra explained to Alice. That calmed her down... A little bit. I could still see the wild look of happiness in her eyes, and I couldn't blame her. Her mother was going to be a Broadway star! That would be enough (pun intended) to rattle any Broadway fan.

"Wow. I never saw this coming."

"We know."

"Erm, now that that is taken care of, let's eat dinner!" Cleopatra interrupted, rising from her chair.

After Dinner
(Lin and Daveed have left by now)
Alice's POV

"OMG THAT WAS SO COOL!" squealed Amanda, bouncing on my bed. I grinned at her, and joined her on my bed.

"That man is more like Alexander Hamilton, at least from what we know, than I thought," I idly commented.

"True!"

Then suddenly an idea hit me. "OH MY GOD, what if we wrote a fanfic where you, me, and Lin went back in time to the American Revolution?"

"That would be amazing, let me go grab my lap-" Mandy was cut off as a golden light surrounded us, and we disappeared into the night.

Nobody's POV

Lin-Manuel Miranda sat on his bed, holding a pencil in his hand, resting it directly above the piece of loose leaf paper on his leg. As he struggled to come up with something to write, he never noticed a strange golden light enveloping him, causing him to disappear just as his two new friends had earlier that day.

Alice's POV
THUMP! Me and Mandy landed on the hard dirt ground in the middle of a forest clearing.

"Alice, where the heck are we?" Mandy asked, as she shakily stood up.

"I don't know, Amanda, but all I know is that we are screwed." I looked at my best friend, and shook my head, trying not to let any of my fear or confusion show.

"Gee, thanks for your positive input." Amanda grumbled, as she picked herself off of the dirty ground, brushing the dust off of her t-shirt.

That was when we noticed one Lin-Manuel Miranda standing there, a look of confusion on his normally serene face.

"Guys, why the heck am I here?"

"I don't know, Lin. I just don't know."