Chapter Seventeen: Memories

Alice's POV
Two Days Later

I drifted in and out of consciousness, my brain taking me through a series of flashbacks.

I was ten, and standing in front of the entire school as I received a medal for first place in the National Spanish Exam.

I was twelve, and my father had just died in front of me.

Now, I was thirteen, and I got the lead role in our school's musical.

At sixteen, I was sent back to this time, and I fell in love it George Washington...

My eyes snapped open as the name of my soulmate came afloat, and I struggled to get out of my bonds, for my hands were bound with rope.

"Struggling won't help, Lieutenant Colonel." A nasally voice said, lathering the sarcasm on when he said my title, and I looked over to see John Graves Simcoe (More like SimHOE!) sitting at his desk. He twirling a quill carelessly in his fingers, watching my every move. "And don't even think about shouting for help. Even if he were nearby, Ol' Georgie wouldn't be able to make it past our defences. Now, let us begin this questioning."

"I won't tell you anything," I gasped, and Simcoe reached in his desk cabinet, pulling out an elegant knife.

"Are you sure, little girl? I could make this very difficult if I wanted to. But since you're so pretty, I will lighten your punishment should you refuse to play by the rules."

I have to think of a plan, and quick. What to do, what to do, what to do!

2 Days Before
Washington's POV

Two days after my soulmate had been captured, I sat by the fireplace in HQ, reminiscing on the times spent with her. She was the one who brought light into my life during these dark times, who helped me when I suffered from a nervous breakdown during our time at Valley Forge, and who had always been there for me.

I had a chance to be there for her for a change. And I threw away my shot.

She was going to be so pissed when she saw me again. That is, if I saw her again.

No, no, no. Bad George. I cannot think like this. I WILL see her again. When we attack the British in a few days, I will sneak in somehow and save her. I must do that.

Lafayette suddenly entered the room, and he came to sit down by me.

"Are you thinking about Alice, mon ami?" He asked in his French accent, placing an arm around my shoulder.

"I am," I replied, seemingly in a far away place.

"She will be alright. She has to be." Laf told me, and we shared a brief hug. "I will help you rescue her; you can't do it alone."

"Lafayette-" I started, but he cut me off.

"Don't tell me I can't, because I will anyway. I shall assist you in rescuing her if I have any say about it."

"So will we!" Mandy stuck her head in the room, followed by Ben, Lin, and Hamilton.

At a loss for words, my mouth just opened and closed, nothing coming out. All of these people were willing to help me without being asked? That was...different. "Excellent. You're hired." I finally managed to get out, and I stood up, walking over to my table. Rolling out a long sheet of paper, I grabbed a quill.

"Let's get this party started!"

End chapter

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for such a short chappie, but I wanted some interaction between Alice and her captors, and For George to have a slight angsty moment. I promise the next one will be longer, and much more entertaining.