Chapter Twelve: The Dream, Part II/Meetings

Mandy's POV

"Goodnight, Alice."

That was all I remembered before falling into the clutches of sleep, where I had almost the same exact dream as Alice and George, in which I met Aphrodite, the goddess of love. It was interesting, to say the least.

The next morning, I woke up (still tired from the ball) and pulled on my uniform, taking great care as I did so.  While I did that, I thought of the dream I had last night. Suddenly, I heard a voice through my tent opening. It was Ben's voice.

"MANDY! THE GENERAL WANTS YOU! Important meeting!"

Grinning, I stuck my head out of the tent, followed by Alice, who was already dressed.

"The General called?" Inquired Alice, playing with her hair idly. Ben nodded. A gust of wind suddenly blew through, messing up my hair, and Alice smirked at me. I smirked back, for I knew that Aphrodite, with the aid of Zeus, had given her the power of wind.

"Excellent," She smiled, and skipped alongside me and Ben as we began to walk to where General Washington was staying. "Say, does this have to do with last night?" She asked, glancing around to make sure nobody was listening.

Ben nodded. "It does."

We entered the tent, to find George doing something very interesting: sitting on top of his own desk. Looks like Alice taught him how to do that. His legs were swinging to an imaginary beat. When he saw that we had entered, his face lit up.

"Friends! Hello!" He grinned. (Washington still had some leftover energy from the ball last night.)

"Hello!" We chorused, sitting down in chairs he had set out for us. It was awkwardly quiet for a minute, until Alice decided to break the silence.

"Why have you called us here, General?" inquired Alice, brushing her hair off of her shoulder idly.

"I wish to talk about the dream last night. Did all of us have the same one?"

"I think so," I said hesitantly. "Aphrodite did tell me we would all be having the same dream, though the information given would be a bit different for each person."

George nodded. "That's what she told me too. So, looks like all of us have finally found our soulmates." he awkwardly continued, looking anywhere but at Alice.

"That it does," Ben replied, glancing at me. I felt my cheeks heat up against my will, and butterflies started flying around in my stomach, making me light-headed.

"She also told me that you were given the power of the sky, Alice. Could you put a clearer definition to that?" George asked.

"I would love to, George. Basically, it means I have control over the weather, wind, and all things that can fly. Hell, I can fly if I want to."

... okay then.

"And your charmspeak, Mandy?" Questioned Ben, glancing at me.

"Allow me to demonstrate." I smirked. "Ben, do your best imitation of a chicken."

Major Benjamin Tallmadge suddenly began to squawk, and flap his arms as if he were a chicken. George, Alice, and I were rolling on the floor laughing, as Ben made a fool of himself... At my command.

"No wonder I decided to make you a Lieutenant Colonel... That ability would certainly help in keeping a group of rambunctious soldiers in line." mused George, putting an arm around Alice.

Silence reigned for a couple minutes, each of us lost in our own thoughts.

Suddenly, a soldier poked his head in.

I internally gasped (DRAMATICALLY) when I saw who it was.

"I'm sorry, was I interrupting something?" Colonel Henry Knox stepped inside the tent, regal as ever. Alice waved at him (she had met him a while back at one of George's staff meetings), and he gave her a nod in return.

"No, not at all, Henry. Please, join us. We were just discussing battle strategies. These two women here have some very lovely ideas."

End of Chapter

A/N: Sorry for such a short chappie! I just wanted to get this discussion out of the way. The next one will be up soon, and I promise you will enjoy it, because America's favorite fighting frenchman arrives and meets the club! Until next time, my dear readers and friends.