Best Day (Part 2) - Mesut Özil

For Laura (hazardarmy10) because a sequel seemed like it was needed

The new Premier League season had started with a bang and Arsenal were flying high alongside Manchester United, their arch rivals. Today was their first game against each other this season. You're twins were 4 months old and your Fiancé, Mesut hadn't hesitated to spoil them so today you were going to surprise him at the match.

"Do you to want to go watch daddy today?!" You smiled looking down at the twins in the large crib they shared.

Nicole, the older by an hour, reached up and giggled as she heard her dad mentioned. She was definitely a daddy's girl. Caitlin, on the other hand, carried on babbling away as she played with the Gunnarsaurus teddy Mesut had got her.

"Caitlin, do you want daddy's shirt on?" You asked looking at the little girl playing with her Teddy. She looked at you and then at her dinosaur teddy and smiled. She had already learnt that her dad's shirt meant the big Gunnarsaurus.

Jenny, Olivier's wife was meeting you at the stadium with Jade and Granit Xhaka's fiancée, Leonita. You hadn't properly met Granit's fiancée but you heard she was a nice girl.

"Laura! How are you and the twins?" Jenny asked hugging you. You hugged her back and smiled at Granit's fiancée. She smiled back at you and offered to hold one of the twins.

"The twins are good. Me, I'm tired." You laughed slightly. Jade laughed with you and held Jade's hand as the three of you and the children went into the stadium. The teams were out warming up and both of the girls had spotted their dad. You watched Mesut for a minute before some of the guys pointed towards you.

"Wave to daddy." You smiled bouncing the twins on either hip. Nicole kept her eyes on her dad the whole time. She refused to look away from the pitch whilst her dad was on the pitch.

"Daddy will be back out soon." You attempted to calm Nicole, who was crying as she watched her dad walk into the tunnel after they had warmed up. You sighed wishing Mesut's sister was here to help you. She hadn't been able to because Mira, Mesut's niece had fallen ill.

"Here, give me Caitlin for a bit. You calm Nicole." Jenny said taking ahold of Caitlin. Caitlin was much quieter and better behaved than Nicole but it didn't bother You.

"Look. Daddy's back out now." You smiled pointing for Nicole. She smiled and clapped her hands. It wasn't long after the game had kicked off that Arsenal had score a goal. It was Granit. He smiled, kissed his ring finger and pointed to his Fiancée, who sat with bright red cheeks from blushing.

You went to check your phone as Arsenal began to get pressured by Jose's Manchester United. They equalised through Henrik Mhkitaryan's through ball to Adnan Januzaj who chipped Cêch.

"Oh. They need to get Oli on." Jenny said with a smirk. Not biased in any way. You laughed a little and held onto Nicole as she watched her dad running with the ball. Nicole started clapping her hands and reaching out as Mesut ran to the corner. Him and Granit did a celebration together. You couldn't quite see it until they showed it on the big screen. They both rocked their arms as if they had babies in their arms.

"Awww! They dedicated the goal to the twins!" Granit's fiancée smiled from beside you. You smiled back at her to see Mesut down on the floor holding his ankle. You gasped and stood up in shook.

"Please be alright." You mumbled picking up Caitlin who was reaching up at you to be held. You watched Mesut hopping off the pitch to the sidelines as Matteo Darmian got a yellow card. He looked badly hurt. You sighed as he was substituted off for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain who was coming back from an injury.

The end of the game came and you went down to the changing rooms with Jenny and Leonita, Granit's fiancée. You quickly spotted Mesut with a cast on his foot so you knew it was a bad injury. However, the team had won so his mood wouldn't be too bad.

"I can't believe you came!" Mesut smiled taking one of the twins from you. You nodded with a smile and kissed him slightly.

"I did say I was going to bring the girls to a game. I just didn't say which game." You giggled as Mesut held your hand tightly. You smiled as you walked out of the stadium with your two girls and your Fiancé.

-----

Whoo! It's done! Sorry it took so long, Laura. I've been ill so I haven't been writing until last night.

Another one may be up later or tomorrow. Requests are closed for a few One Shots so I can catch up.

Lauren xx