Alternative solution.

“What the hell are we going to do?” Brooke asked helplessly, tears falling down her cheeks as she took a uncomfortable seat on a log.

“We, we have to go back,” Jarrett managed to say, his ribs hurting every time he breathed for air. He stumbled over to brooke and sat next to her. Alyson bit her lip and remained silent. She didn't have a clue what to do, this was her first day being one of them and right now in the middle of all this chaos all she wanted to do was run. To feel the breeze in her hair and the air against her skin.

Blake could feel the uprise in Alyson’s wolf and tugged her closer. “We can’t,” Blake said firmly through clenched teeth. Brooke furiously shook her head. “Yes we can, that is our home,” She shouted standing up.

Jarrett weakly took hold of her hand but she shook it off. “No, that is our home, that is your pack and you’re just going to sit here and let him win!” She shouted, her voice losing anger and returning to strained and upset.

Blake looked away ashamed, his sister was right but what could he do? “Brooke, if I have to give that up just to save all of you, I will,” He said calmly back and Brooke shook her head again.

“This is our home,” She protested and Blake looked at his sister in sympathy.

“Not anymore,” He stated and Brooke fell silent. She was speechless. She looked up to Blake, he was her older brave brother but right now Brooke thought of him as nothing but a coward.

“Fine you give up but I’m going back,” She said, challenging her brother. Blake growled and shook his head. “No you will be killed,” He shouted and Brooke shrugged.

“It’s better than living like this,” She paused. “Like a rogue,” She added and looked at all of them.

“I won’t allow it,” He snarled grabbing hold of her wrist. Brooke growled and struggled against his hold. “I don’t care what you think,” She spat back, finally losing Blake’s strong hold. Alyson came to Blakes side.

“She’s right,” Alyson spoke up causing all attention to turn to her. Alyson gulped nervously. “If not for ourselves then for the other pack wolves,” She added and Jarrett nodded. He wobbled up, his cuts and bruises beginning to slowly heal.

“I agree, those poor families will be killed, maybe even enslaved if they don't follow the orders,” Jarrett said and Blake tightened his jaw. The thought of his pack being slaughtered.

“This isn't what mom would of wanted,” Brooke muttered quietly but it was loud enough for them to hear. Blake ran a hand threw his hair and turned away. He was torn between protecting his mate, sister and best friend and saving innocent families, children and adults from a life of pain and hatred.

“I need some time to think,” He stated and started to walk away. Alyson was about to follow but Jarrett took hold of her wrist. She met his eyes confused. “He'll come back, he just needs some time alone,” He said and she nodded.

Blake walked about a mile before he finally shifted into his large black wolf, all his feelings overpowering him until he gave in. He ran forward, loving the way the wind caught in his fur and brushed against his face as he picked up speed.

He didn't know what do. Maybe his father was right, he wasn't born to an alpha. His wolf growled at him in anger like he had slapped him. But how could he take back what was his? His father may be able to kill his own flesh and blood but blake couldn’t, he wouldn’t.

He needed to build a home for them though. A rogue life is no lifestyle for the family Blake wanted to have with his mate. They needed food, water and shelter which he couldn’t provide.

Blake halted too wound up to even carry on running. He looked up through the tall trees to the sky and let out a loud powerful howl. If they couldn’t take back their land they would have to make their own.