4.

{Unknown POV}

My feet were almost tripping over themselves when I ran as fast as I could, Nero following me close behind. If they caught me, it would be the death of me. I knew that face of the ginger man, he was one from the Guild! The Thieves Guild which Relyn now was part of. I stormed through the gate, away from the city and into the forest. I reached a lake and stopped, panting, looking behind me if they were following me. Good, no sign of life apart from some birds in the air. My legs were shaking and I collapsed onto the ground, panting heavily and trying to block out my thoughts of Relyn. I pulled out the note from that morning again, my hands shaking from the lack of oxygen.

I know you are in town and I want to speak with you.

You are mine, whether you like it or not.

-R

I swallowed and wiped my sweaty brow. I couldn't go back to Riften, that Guild members would definitely be waiting for me. I bet Relyn paid them a huge sum of gold to let them get me. Nero nudged my shoulder with his snout and I smirked a bit. 'Hello there little boy. Want to have some attention?' I scratched him between his ears and he licked my hand thankfully. I smiled, running my fingers through his thick fur. 'Well, that means still no warm bed for tonight...' I sighed sadly and set up camp.

The sun was burning in my neck as I made my daily stroll through the forest. My backpack was heavy and my mouth dry. I needed water, and I was stupid enough to leave the Bee and Barb without filled water skins. I looked out over the road and narrowed my eyes. In the distance, I saw a person. No, it was a troll, or yes a person...? Was my mind playing tricks on me? I blamed the heat and approached the figure. If it was indeed a person, I could ask for water. If it was a troll, then I should just kill it, but where is life, there is water so there had be a source close here. I pulled my hood over my head and neared the figure, and as I became closer I saw it was a human being. 'Hello there traveler! Anything on your mind?' It was a brute-looking Nord male with war paint under his eyes. 'I am not here for chit chat. Do you have some water on you? I need to stay hydrated.' The man looked at me surprised. 'That are no manners for such a pretty lady like you. What are you even doing here alone?' My mouth became a tight line. 'I am not alone.' I pointed at Nero, who growled at the man. 'Now do you have water or do I have to beat it out of you?' The man chuckled to my surprise. 'Well well milady, you are a fierce one aren't you? What's your name?' 'None of your business.' I reached out for the water skin he held out and gulped down half of the water. 'Well nice to meet you too then. Name's Thrynn. Tell you what. We need ones like you for our clan. Care to help us out? You will have a roof above your head and it fills your pockets with coin.' I tilted my head, looking at the man suspiciously. 'What's the name of the clan?' 'Oh, I tell you soon enough. Follow me, you should be starving! We have fresh mead and good food.' I looked at Nero, who was sniffing Thrynn's boots curiously. The heat was so searing that I would give anything for a bottle of mead, even if it meant becoming a bandit or what this clan might be. 'Nero seems to trust you, so I'll come with you.'

The way back was long and heavy. Thrynn walked me into Riften and I shuddered, pulling my hood even tighter over my head. 'Don't like this place?' 'Let's just say I have some enemies here.' Thrynn and I walked to the graveyard. I frowned. 'The graveyard? What has this to do with some clan?' He chuckled, scratching through his beard. 'No no milady, just watch.' He walked to a grave that was in some sort of stone arbour. He crouched down in front of it and pressed a button. Suddenly, a loud scraping sound was heard from stone onto stone and a staircase appeared. 'Follow me. But first get rid of the dog.' 'He is not a dog.' I growled and hitched Nero to a tree and put some of Thrynn's water in a tankard for him which he could lick out. 'Sorry milady, wolf.' We went down the stairs and he pulled a chain, the grave closing above us. 'Now down that ladder.' He pointed at some pit which was covered by a couple of planks. 'Alright.' I mumbled and did what he told me. I spun around as he jumped down next to me, and I saw a circular dimly lit room with water flowing in the middle. It smelled like sewer water and I scrunched my nose. 'You'll get used to the smell, trust me.' I followed him to some man with silver hair who was bent over a desk, lost in a book. 'Mercer, I found this lady on my walk through the forest. She seems like a fierce one, maybe you should take a look at her.' He didn't bother to look up and growled. 'Thrynn, I don't have time right now. Can't you see I'm busy?' 'But Mercer, just look--' 'You!' I spun around to the source of the yell. 'You're that girl that ran away from the Bee and Barb!' The face was familiar, it was the ginger man. 'We need you for our Guild.' Then the puzzle pieces clicked together. 'You... This is the Thieves Guild, isn't it?!' I turned to the ladder to run, but my arm was grabbed roughly. 'You should've asked if I was from the Thieves Guild before recklessly following me here, lass.' Thrynn said while holding my upper arm tightly. I spat into his face and he groaned, reaching for his eye, the perfect opportunity for me to run. I grabbed the first stair already, but I got slammed against the ground by some heavy weight. 'Now now lass, no need to run from us. What's the reason?' I looked up and saw the ginger man on top of me and a slight blush covered my cheeks. 'Get the hell off me, you creep!' He grinned and pulled me up. 'So, now tell me. Why are you running from us?' 'I have nothing to do with your group!' He frowned. 'But you are an excellent thief. Why aren't you interested? We could definitely use someone of your skills, and you seem rather homeless.' I gritted my teeth. 'That isn't really a comment I would expect from a gentleman.' I scoffed. 'You haven't got half the manners of an average young lady.' 'Let. Me. Go.' The ginger man shook his head. 'Not before you tell me what's the problem.' The sound of a throat being cleared was heard from the other side of the room. 'Let her go.' Relyn crossed his arms and looked at me intensely and I stared back angrily. Brynjolf let go of your arm. 'Him. That's the reason. That's the reason don't have any business with your Guild.'