10.

{(Y/n) POV}

I was sitting at Brynjolfs market stall, counting the coin I had earned today. Before he left, he asked me to try to sell his potions while he was gone, and I did a pretty good job I would say. The ginger had told me I wouldn't sell one single potion, but the one way or the other I had attracted customers to his stall and sold half of the stock. I had the feeling Brynjolf would be proud of me. To be honest I actually never thought that anyone of the Thieves Guild could be so nice. Suddenly, I felt breathing in my neck and a familiar smell filled my nose. I swallowed thickly and closed my eyes. 'Hello Relyn.' '(Y/n), my girl, I didn't think I would ever encounter you again...' He placed his hand on my hip and it traveled up to my waist. 'D-Don't.' I tried to sound confident but my fear was clearly audible in my voice. Relyn chuckled deeply and pressed a kiss under my ear. 'You don't know how much I missed you, (Y/n)... I think about you every night as I touch mys--' 'You're disgusting.' I fought the tears back. Why did Nero have to be outside the city again? It scared the people, the guard had told me. I wanted to slap him across that bloody handsome face of his so badly, but I just couldn't. 'Did you miss me too?' He trailed kisses in my neck and goosebumps appeared on my arms. A tear rolled down my cheek as his one of his hands pulled me up like a ragdoll. 'Admit it, love... You missed it. You miss the feeling of me inside you...' I opened my eyes and stared at the ground. 'Quit it. I truly hate you.' 'We both know that that's not entirely true.' I gasped when he spun me around in his arms and looked me in the eye. I didn't know what to say. What if it was true that I still loved him? No, no, he had let me down and I couldn't just accept that. 'Relyn Shavt, I really despise you...' My voice trembled. 'You should try a bit harder to convince me, sweetheart.' I got nauseous by hearing his deep voice close to my ear. 'Do you want me to kill you?' I tried, but he just smirked at me and my confidence disappeared as snow in the sun. 'Go on, darling. I know you won't.' It was true. It was true that I couldn't kill him. Even if he broke my heart, he was the only one that has ever had it, he was the only one I ever loved. I closed my eyes again, tears escaping quickly. Relyn lifted my chin with his finger and brushed his lips against mine. 'See, my love... You love me just as much as I love you. It can be like before... Just us against the world.' I swallowed again, taking deep breaths. 'There is no such thing as "us" anymore, Rey... Leave me alone.' The Redguard chuckled and pecked my forehead. 'That won't be possible, (Y/n). Because baby, you're a princess and you'll need your prince the sooner or the later. One day you will be crawling back to me, begging for me to take you back...' I locked eyes with him and he smiled a genuine smile. I knew I still loved him and I hated him for it. I regained some power and tried to pull myself from his grip, but he was simply too strong. 'Oh dear, you see, I can make you weak as jelly when I hold you.' I raised my eyebrows at him. 'You may be strong but not very smart.' I brought up my leg and kneed him in the manly parts. He groaned in pain and his grip on me loosened for a single second. That second was all I needed to push him backwards and jump away, my dagger tightly in my hand. I held it forward, the steel blade shimmering in the light of the lowering sun. 'Leave me alone and never ever come near me again. I don't need you.' 'You better do what the lass says, mate.' I was never so happy to see someone again. Relyn looked over his shoulder and saw Brynjolf standing there with Nero. He had put a rope around Nero's neck and held the growling wolf back. Nero's teeth were showing sharply in the corners of his mouth. Relyn frowned and his facial expression became angry. 'Oh I see what is going on here!' He pointed a finger at Brynjolf. 'You!' Haven't I told you to stay away from my girlfriend?!' I gasped. 'You threatened him?! You are still as obsessed as always!' Relyn spun towards me, his face looking pyschotic and bewildered. 'You, my girl, are mine and mine only! No one can have you except me!' He unsheathed his sword and walked towards Brynjolf slowly. 'Listen to me, pal. I gave you clear instructions to leave my love alone and your stubbornness will be your undoing.' I lunged forwards and jumped onto Relyns back, my dagger tightly under his throat. 'Darling, are you trying to scare me? How cute! Oh, why didn't I just kiss you when I had the chance.' I pushed the blade harder onto his skin, a small drop of blood leaking over the steel surface. 'Lass, release him.' My eyes widened and I looked at Brynjolf. 'Why should I? He will try to fucking kill you!' '(Y/n).' At that moment, I saw some guards walking up behind Brynjolf and I let go of Relyn, realizing they came for the Redguard I was holding. 'By order of the jarl of Falkreath I arrest you for thievery, arsonism and treachery.' One of the guards bent one of Relyns arms around on his back painfully and the male groaned in pain, releasing his sword which fell with a clattering sound onto the cobblestone road. A rope was tied securely around his wrist and he was tugged forward. 'Farewell, Relyn.' My voice was emotionless as I watched him get dragged away. He gazed at me, his face full of regret. 'Goodbye, (Y/n). I'll see you later.' 'No.' I simply said. 'Don't even try.' I watched him get lead away by the guards. Brynjolf stood next to me, following my gaze to the raven haired man. 'I'm sorry he had a chance to be so humiliating, just as I was out of town. I really tried to be home as soon as I could, but we ran into some bandits on the way and--' 'Brynjolf, it's okay.' I hugged him but suddenly he winced in pain. 'You are injured!' He nodded. 'Ah, just a scratch...' I put my hand onto his forehead. 'I don't call that a scratch Brynjolf! You feel terribly hot!' 'I know that I'm hot, lass.' I rolled my eyes in his attempt to crack a joke. 'Just shut your mouth and get you patched up before your wound gets infected.' He nodded. 'Okay lass, let's go to the cistern.'

A/n Thanks for 1K reads!! Will update again as soon as it has 100 votes, so I can assure it is appreciated as well as loved :3

- Habby