5.

{Brynjolf POV}

I blinked a couple of times confusedly, looking from Relyn to her. 'You two know each other?' '(Y/N).' 'Relyn.' A painful silence filled the room. (Y/N). So that was her name. 'We know each other pretty well. Now if you would be so kind, please just let me leave.' She turned towards the ladder and started walking away. '(Y/N)! Wait! You just arrived!' (Y/N) chuckled sarcastically and looked over her shoulder. 'Why would that be a reason to stay? You have no idea how I despise Relyn and by that your bloody Guild.' she spat out the word 'Guild' like it was poison. I exhaled and looked at her slightly angry. 'What is your problem with him?' 'None of your fucking business! Have a good day.' With that, she left. I swallowed, letting my shoulders drop. 'Well, that means the end of your search for the Shadow.' Delvin said, a sad smile on his face to try to lighten up the mood. 'She was perfect for our Guild! How could we just let her slip away? I don't know what is going on, but that new recruit is clearly the problem!' I sharply turned towards Mercer, who was watching me with raised eyebrows. 'You do not even know the girl! She didn't even want to show her face and now she wants you to leave her alone, you better listen to her if you do not want to end up with a dagger in your back. You better drop it, Bryn. Let it rest, okay?' I huffed and looked down to my feet. 'Now get back to your work. We have plenty of potions to sell.'

That evening, I sat at the bar again, sipping from a tankard full of mead. Next to me sat Vipir, drinking in silence. I liked that he didn't say a word, mainly because he knew I was upset about (Y/n) and boy, I was angry at Mercer. Vipir was wise enough not to speak about it to me right now. Suddenly, the door of the Ragged Flagon burst open and a loudly laughing Rune, Thrynn and Elendir came in, Tonilia hanging around Rune's neck giggling, the smell of alcohol following them shortly after. They were clearly drunk, that I could say. Thrynn's eyes were wider then normal and Elendir stumbled through the Flagon as if he was about to pass out soon. They sat down at a table, hiccuping and laughing, not bothering to scrape the chairs over the cobble floor, causing a cringey sound to echo through the bar. I pulled up my shoulders, trying to ingnore the drunk bastards as I drank from my beverage. They were babbling about nothing while getting more drinks from Vekel. I couldn't help but overhear (Y/n)'s name in the conversation. 'That girlie that was here earlier, what's her name again?' Elendir hiccuped, ale spilling from his slightly tilted bottle. '(Y/n)?' 'Ah, yes, that one...' The elf paused for a second to swallow a couple of times before continuing. 'She's quite a fierce one, isn't she?' Thrynn chuckled thickly, the alcohol's effect clearly audible in his voice. 'A pity that she isn't in our Guild right now... I swear I would bed her within a month!' That made Rune burst out in laughter. Thrynn stupidly chuckled at his own rude comment and took a sip from his tankard. The bastard. 'Make it two weeks for me!' Rune added, slamming onto the table with his fist laughing. I furrowed my brow and looked at the ground, wanting this conversation to stop as quickly as possible. However, the next question let anger boil up inside of me. 'Brynjolf, how about you? You brought that wench to our Guild, and not only because she is a fine thief, aye?' Elendir giggled as he saw my facial expression. 'What's the matter, lad? You seem like you could--' 'Could what, kill someone right now?! Maybe it looks like that because that's pretty true!' I hoisted myself from my bar stool, bringing my face closely in front of Elendirs. 'Listen up, elf. You are a pervert! You all are! The only thing you drunk bastards care about is how a girl thief looks, not what her skills are!' Elendir first looked shocked but then he smirked. 'Aight, you're just jealous because we are talking about your little girlfriend!' Thrynn sounded like a horse when he bent forward to laugh hysterically. I felt my face heat up and grumbled. 'You rotten lot of bloody sexists!' I spun around and walked towards the cistern. I was totally done with those arseholes.