24.

{(Y/n) POV}

'So, what exactly have you done all this time with that excuse of a Guild?' Relyn spoke, taking a bite from a freshly roasted rabbit leg. I munched on a chewy piece of meat, fat running down over my chin and dripping onto my clothes. 'Just a few deadbeats before that Goldenglow Estate job.' 'Goldenglow you say?' His gaze filled with curiousity. I nodded before taking a sip from my waterskin. The fire in front of us was crackling nicely as the night started to fall, a lonely owl hooting in the distance. The sleeping bag I was sitting on provided warmth. 'Yes, but I didn't take any of the riches. I just went out of there as soon as I could, since I was raped there.' 'I understand that. But wow, if it wasn't for those horrible men, you had just finished the mission. Even I couldn't get in. I was wounded before I could cross the bridge in front of it.' I smiled a bit at his wonder. 'Well, I was just lucky I guess.' Relyn stared into the fire, the flames creating a pretty glow on his tan face. His beard was oily, but not greasy. His eyes were the deep brown colour as they always had been. I swallowed, not wanting to admire him in this way. 'You are a good thief, (Y/n).' he whispered, scooting closer to me as the cold of night crept up on us. 'I know.' I joked, my breath hitching in my throat as his arm hit mine. I didn't want to fall in love with him again! I scolded myself for feeling this way. 'Hey, (Y/n)...' Relyn said, his voice deep, making my knees weak. 'Yes, Relyn?' I answered. 'Do you... Do you still feel mad about me "leaving" you behind at the longhouse?' I shrugged. 'It's all in the past. All is forgiven.' A charming smile spread over his face. 'Well, I am glad. I apologize for being so rude before, by the way. I mean in Riften. I guess I was just being a bit possessive. I just couldn't help myself.' One of his strong hands brushed a strand of (h/c) hair out of my face. 'Do you still wish things were like before? Just endlessly hunting together in the wild, breaking the laws and drinking expensive ale at the outskirts of Solitude?' I smiled fondly at the thought, hiding my blush as I remembered everything we had ever done. 'Sometimes I do. But I don't think things will be like before.' I could feel his breath in my neck as he leaned even closer to me. 'If you wish... We could be like that again. Just forget about Brynjolf, (Y/n). I am back now, and I love you more than that pathetic redhead ever will.' I shivered as his mouth brushed against my jawline, giving a gentle peck under my ear. 'Relyn...' I muttered, wanting to give in so badly. 'I am sorry. I can't, not right now. It is just a few days ago since all of that happened.' Relyn pulled back, his gaze averting to Gus resting in my lap. 'Okay.' he spoke, sitting up straight again. 'I am sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. I think I just missed you.' He put his hand on mine for a second, his strong fingers as warm as they always had felt against mine. I wanted to grab it, kiss the knuckles and snuggle into him, but something in the back of my mind told me I shouldn't do that. 'I am a bit tired.' Relyn said while suppressing a yawn. I realized how exhausted I felt as well. 'How about we go to sleep, then?'

No matter how hard I tried, my eyelids refused to become heavy. Relyn was sleeping rather soundly, as was Gus, who was snuggled up to the Redguard male. I tossed and turned, not comfortable in my position. The fire was still shimmering a bit, the surroundings still visible in the cold night. Crickets sounded loudly around me, their shrill calls driving me nearly insane as I tried to keep my eyes closed. Suddenly, I heard something in the bushes. I shot up in a sitting position, reaching out for the dagger next to my head. A cold hand covered my mouth, preventing me from screaming. 'I would keep quiet if I were you, or this will become a very unpleasant meeting.' an unfamiliar, feminine voice spoke. I felt a wet rag being pressed against my nose. Since my mouth was covered, I was forced to inhale oxygen through the damp fabric. I could better make this quick. After a deep breath, I passed out.