Chapter 17

Eren was feeling like shit. Literally. 
He felt like someone that had been set free only one to be left all alone to die. 

Well, not that dramatically of course, but he really wasn't well. 
Morning came up and when the boy's eyes fluttered open, the clock was hit at 10am.

He didn't need to feel the empty warmth of the other side of the bed to know that he was alone. 
He thought that it was even better that way. He was alone with his thoughts and mind, so he could fall in some deep dark hole of emotions and nobody would see or ask what was up with him. 
But the slightly dissapointment was telling otherwise. 

Was Levi even here last night? Did he sleep in the same bed next to Eren? 

The brunette tried not to bully his stupid brain with these questions. 

He obviously had a grim expression on his face as he got up, as he got dressed, as he went to the bathroom. His eyes were shining as always but they didn't seem happy at all. 

Eren knew that he was a little upset. Okay, a little. And in fact it was a little. Did you think he was in some sort of depression over a thing like this? Hell no. 
But the boy was so obvious, that every kind of emotion he felt was right written on his face like an open book. 
He was a little sensitive brat. And he couldn't help it. 

Suddenly he thought about Edward. How the hell did this fucker find his way up to his mind.. And in a moment like this? Eren wasn't sure. 
But the memories of his ex best friend and him were pouring into his mind like a waterfall. 

He knew what the dickhead did and he was obviously told what a little piece of shit Edward was by his friends. But still.. Memories are memories. They had their good times together and that's what he missed about him. He missed his damn memories. 

Then he thought about how the whole freaking school found out about his sexuality. 
Whispers, rumors, glances, everybody's eyes on him.. Yeah he experienced it all, but it wasn't that bad. In fact nobody bullied him - that was the thing he was scared the most of. 
Well except for a few threats and some bad words thrown on him, but it was pretty cool. 
He even thank Edward for what he had done. If it wasn't for him, Eren would be still in the closet. 

Now he thought about shorty. 
How damn rude and mean he was towards Eren at the beginning of the vacation and how playful and cool they were now. Eh, Levi was Levi and he had his moments of anger and them throwing things at each other, but it was cool. For now. 

But the boy just couldn't find the answer to the question "How was he going to face Levi and his friends after what he saw?" 

Nah, his situation right now really sucked. 

Eren poured to himself and took a deep breath.
Act like you don't know shit. Act like you don't know shit. 

He grabbed his phone and put it in his pocket as made his way to the door. 
Leaving the flat behind he walked downstairs to the hall. 

It was near 12am and usually his friends were getting together on the couch in the hall at this time. 
He put on a happy face and walked to Armin, Mikasa, Sasha and Connie who waved at him, grinning. 

"What's up, guys? Where are Ymir and Christa?"

"They are at Jean and Marco's flat." Mikasa answered. "Don't ask. I don't know either."

Eren smiled softly and sit on the couch next to Connie. 

"Wop. So something new?" 
He tried to mask every single sign of sadness on his face and attitude as he cheerfully asked the question.