Chapter 8

~Time Skip To Monday~

"Okay people quit down. It's time for our lesson!" Ash told the entire student body gathered in front of him. They were all gathered in the gymnasium because that was the only room big enough. The school had retracted the bleachers against the walls so that there was more space. The entire place was colored in red and grey (those were my school's colors lol).

The students gathered around the center court of the basketball court while Ash stood in the middle talking to all of his peers.

"So today's lesson will be about something that I had some confusion with. When I first came to Kalos, I had no idea what a fairy type was, so you can understand that I'm still learning about them so hopefully we both learn something from today's lesson." Ash told them happily. "So first off, I want to talk a out why I find them so interesting and to do so, I talked to an old friend and managed to get him to come in for a little demonstration as well... but we'll save that for later."

Some of the students grumbled while others moaned. They wanted to see him battle right away. They didn't care about the learning portion class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In The Crowd:

"So fairy types Huh? Serena you're from Kalos do you know a lot about them?" Dawn questioned her friend.

"Why'd you ask her? I'm from Kalos too you know." Calem said sadly.

"Doesn't matter who knows as long as I find out." May interrupted. "Fairy types sound really cute and could really be usefull for contests."

"And I'm sure grandpa would love to hear what Ash has to say about them." Gary said agreeing with the others.

"Be quiet guys, Ash is talking." Serena shushed them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, how I would like to share how I actually found out about fairy types," Ash told them. "I had found an eevee on my journey through Kalos this summer, and during my battle against Clemont, the Lumiose City gym, she evolved into a Sylveon. Of course I was surprised by the event but just decided to wait to see if Professor Oak or Sycamore knew anything. It wasn't until I continued on to battle Valarie of Lavaree City did I learn of the new eevee evolution. She also had one and she taught me how to train it properly." Ash told his audiance. He grabbed a poke ball from his waist and released the creature inside.

"Sylveon!" The creature cooed. It was a white and pink four legged pokemon. It had ribbons coming out of its neck the seemed to flow in the non existent wind. It's eyes were a bright blue color. Ash bent down and proceeded to scratch behind its head.

"Not the reason why fairy types are so amazing in my opinion is because they are great counters to probably one of the best types, dragon. Dragon type moves do no damage and fairy type moves are super effective. To help demonstrate, please help me welcome Lance, The dragon master."
Ash told his class. He motioned towards one of the gymnasium doors as they swung open revealing the red headed master. He was dressed in his usual black robes. The audiance roared in approval knowing that this would be a good lesson after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wait Lance? I thought they didn't like each other." Serena said.

"Why wouldn't they like each other?" Calem asked the group. He wasn't with them for the trip to Sinnoh so he hadn't learned of their history.

"Ash beats him every time they battle. We went to Sinnoh this weekend and met up with him. I wonder what Ash had to do to convince him to help him out..." Gary pondered.