Chapter 12

"Serena! Wake up or I'll send Fletchling up there!" Serena's mother yelled from the kitchen. Little did she know however was the Serena had been awake for quite some time.

After the party that took place last night, she got home and stayed up. She was mostly doing homework, but couldn't help but check her phone every five seconds for some sort of text or message from her dance partner from last night. When she left, she expected something from him, or at least some sort of hello.

Eventually she fell asleep, dissapointed as ever, but woke up at an ungodly hour of 6:00 and simply laid there. She stared at her phone hope fingers for something.

'Did I do something wrong?' She thought. She had replayed the night so many times and couldn't think of anything.

She heard her mother yelling to her and lazily looked over her comforter towards her clock and saw the time. It was almost time for school and she still hadn't heard anything. 'This is going to be a long day.' She thought sadly. She removed herself from her bed and began to prepare herself for what the new day would bring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Charizard can you go any faster?" Ash shouted. He was currently riding on his Kanto starters back while it flew through the air at incredible speeds, yet he wanted more. Charizard grunted in response to which Ash interpreted to something along the lines of 'Maybe if I was allowed to fly more often' but quickly disregarded the response and went back to navigating.

According to his map, he had flown from Vanneville Town in Kalos, to Celestic City in Sinnoh. Charizard had flown halfway across Kalos, and completely over Unova and Hoenn in one night.

"We're almost there buddy. Five minutes tops." Ash encouraged the red lizard. Charizard grunted in acknowledgement before picking up his speed for the final sprint.

Within a few minutes they had landed just outside Celestic City. He knew he was close to where he needed to be because of the gigantic mountain looming over the city.

He thanked Charizard and walked towards the pokemon center. After a quick rejuvenation of his pokemon, he stopped at the Pokemart to stock up on some super repels because nobody likes bothering with those stupid Zubats that seem to harass whomever enters any cave anywhere.

After his purchase he began his trek through the enormous mountain. He climbed walls, smashed rocks, traversed across the flowing waters, and even pushed boulders out of his. As he walked down what seemed like the hundredth corridor he could finally see a light flowing in from the doorway. Ash grinned wildly as he took off in a run towards the outside world.

After crossing through the membrane of the cave, he looked around frantically trying to adjust his eyes to the sudden light change. After a few seconds of catching his breathe and his vision came back to him, he looked up only to see that there was much more mountain to go. He was only now getting close to the summit. The only difference now was that he had to walk through snow drifts and high winds. With a sigh he began to high step through the deep snow and continued to climb in elevation.

'At least there aren't anymore Zubats' Ash thought to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gary, have you seen Ash?" May asked.

Gary looked up from his lunch that he had just bought from the long line. He was currently enjoying the silence without ol' Ashy- Boy but knew that eventually someone would ruin it.

Amazingly, the group of Serena, May, Dawn, Misty, Calem, and Paul had managed to go 10 minutes into this lunch period without saying anything. Though Serena seemed to be a bit saddened...