Impossible love Chapter 22

Disclaimer: I do not own inuyasha
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The night of the ball came quickly. Many lords and their ladies from far of lands had come early and had stayed in the house hold. Training had been difficult with the daughters of the lords and ladies watching sesshomaru.
Riku, who had become a friend to talia, was currently helping her and rin get ready. "Are you ready for your clothes?" Riku asked. Sesshomaru had, had a yukata made for her and she hadn't seen it yet.
Talia nodded helping rin tie her obi. Once she finished she looked up and gasped seeing the yukata riku was holding. It was a white yukata that faded into black at the bottom. It had a black obi with cherry blossom petals. Around the neck was a fluffy white colar.
"I-i can't w-wear t-this it's t-to beautiful" she said shocked. Riku chuckled and handed her the yukata and pushed her behind the changing screen.
"Lord sesshomaru had this made for you. It would only be right to wear it since you will be his partner at the ball" she explained. Talia blushed and sighed changing into the beautiful yukata.
Once she stepped out she chuckled at rin's reaction. Her eyes were wide and her mouth was agape. "Wow! You look beautiful mommy!" She yelled and ran over hugging talia.
"Not as beautiful as you rin. I bet all the boys will be swooning over you" she said hugging rin. She giggled and dragged her over to the chair so riku could do her hair and makeup.
   Riku turned talia towards the mirror and she was tempted to ask who she was looking at. She looked so different.
"There now your ready" Riku said smiling. She was speechless. A knock on the door snapped her out of her daze and she quickly stood. "I got the door my lady". Talia nodded and put her shoes on. Riku opened the door while talia fixed rin's hair. "Lady talia, lady rin, hayato-sama is here"
"Thank you riku" she said smiling as her father walked in. Hayato grinned seeing his daughter.
"My, you've grown to be a beautiful woman" he said and bowed playfully. "My lady"
"Shut up dad" Talia chuckled. Hayato stood straight and offered his arm.
"Ready?" He asked. Talia smiled and held his forearm.
"Ready" she said. He grinned and nodded. Rin grabbed talia's hand and they left the room with riku following.
The walk to the ballroom was a nerve racking one. Talia was to wait outside the ballroom to be announced as sesshomaru's partner and apprentice. Once they reached the doors they stopped and talia fixed rin's yukata and obi.
"Don't run around and be careful okay?" She said. Rin nodded happily. Hayato smiled and took rin's hand.
He looked to the guards and nodded. They opened the doors and they walked in as the announcer called out. "Announcing lady rin and hayato-sama"
'Deep breath, deep breath talia' She reminded herself. She looked at the guards and they nodded. She straightened up just as the doors opened. "Announcing lady talia, partner and apprentice of Lord sesshomaru"
She walked forward into the ballroom full of demons and demoness's. She suddenly felt self-concious but kept her head high as sesshomaru approached her.
~~~~~~
Sesshomaru POV
~~~~~~
I watched as rin ran off to play with the young ones while hayato stood with the guards around the room. My attention was drawn back to the door as talia was announced.
My eyes widened as a woman entered in the yukata I had specially made for talia. She was beautiful. My feet carried me across the room until I was standing in front of her.
"My lord" she said and bowed.
"Talia..." I said softly. She looked up to me and smiled softly. "Will you join this sesshomaru in a dance?"
"I would be honored" she said softly. I held out my hand and watched as she placed her hand in mine.
~~~~~~
Third person POV
~~~~~~
Sesshomaru led talia to the middle of the room. The people parted to watch the two as they danced. Sakura watched her son amazed. He had specifically told her he would not dance with anyone.
Sesshomaru twirled talia and then pulled her close. He watched her eyes widen slightly and couldn't stop the small smirk that made its way onto his face.
The music slowly stopped and they separated and bowed to each other. They stood as clapping filled the room.
Rin ran over breaking the daze between them and latched onto talia's legs. "That was amazing mommy!" She squealed. Talia smiled softly and pushed her gently to go play with the other children. Sesshomaru offered her his arm and she took it smiling.