Chapter Fifteen | Into You

The love is real, there's no way you can feel like it's tainted
But I can't really explain it, yeah

~~~~~

K A R R U C H E

"Don't even try it." Karruche mumbled lowly as she stood in her bathroom mirror trying to give herself the perfect winged cat eye.

"Come on Kae. All I need is 10 minutes." Chris mumbled lowly as he gripped her hips bringing her body closer to his.

"I'm not stupid Chris." Kae turned around in his arms so they were face to face. "I know you and August are still mad at each other but there like our family."

"No there not." Chris augured back as he released Karruche from his hold. Taking a seat on there bed Chris pouted. He knew that he was being a big baby but he still wasn't ready to deal with August.

"Baby." Karruche mumbled as she entered their bedroom. "You didn't go to his surprise engagement for Brianna. Baby even though you two were fighting he still wanted you there. I was there."

"Your Brianna's best friend. Of course you were there."

"Your his best friend. You should have been there. I think he's over the fight, which is why were going to the family dinner tonight."

"You can go."

Karruche sighed softly. "Momma Sheila will be there. What's the worst that could happen?"

Chris let out a defeated sigh as he stood up. "Fine I'll go. But if he wants another round I won't hesitate to knock his skinny ass out."

"Just get dressed man."

***

B R I A N N A

"Where should I put the greens?" Brianna questioned Momma Sheila as they both set the table for the big dinner.

"Child sit down. You round here running yoself crazy. I can finish setting the table."

Brianna smiled softly. "Momma I got it. I can't just sit and watch you do all the work."

"I got it. Matter fact, how about we both sit down. We got about a hour until the dinner starts so let's talk."

Brianna glanced at her quickly before taking a seat in the living room. "I'm not in trouble am I?"

Momma Sheila laughed loudly. "No girl. This is just the first time that we've really had a chance to sit and talk since the engagement. Really the first time since you and August got back together."

"Yeah it is isn't it. I'm just really happy everything is back on track with us."

"Me too. You were always my favorite."

Brianna blushed lightly as she made eye contact with Momma Sheila. "Thank you."

"So have we set a wedding date yet?"