Chapter Twenty Nine | Keep It Between Us

Can't see myself, with no one else
No never, no never
I can make it through, the worst with you
So whatever, so whatever
Not a thing in this world I won't give up
Can't live in this world, if I'm not next to you, to you

~~~~

A U G U S T

"I can't believe this is happening again." Sinking more into his chair August sighed deeply. Losing one child while he was away hurt like hell. But now to find out Brianna is pregnant only for her to lose this one almost made him not wanna live anymore. This was his fault. Last time it was his fault. Everything was always his fault.

Looking over at Amber they both remained quiet just hoping for the best outcome. Brianna had been with the doctors for about an hour maybe two. August couldn't even keep track of the time. The fear he had inside him was something he had never felt before. He was scared for the life of his unborn.

"What happened, where is she at." Marcus stormed into the hospital with Trey not to far behind him. Confusion and concern clear on his face until his eyes landed on August.

August quickly stood ready for what he knew was about to happen. August knew he deserved every punch he was about to receive. The whole situation was all his fault. He blamed himself and so did everyone else, they may weren't bold enough to tell him to his face but that's what everyone felt.

"You really destroy everything you touch. This is happening to my sister again. She's laying in that hospital bed again because of you. Do you ever get tired of fucking up?"

Not bothering to reply August just hung his head in shame. What could he say honestly. What Marcus said was true. "You better pray she doesn't lose this baby. Cause I swear to God if she does-"

August pushed Marcus back as he took his seat. "You'll what nigga? You acting like it's your child. It was my baby she lost the first time and it's my baby she's in there struggling to keep. Fuck outta my face man."

"Family Of Brianna Simmons." The nurse spoke loudly putting all the focus on her. "No more than two visitors at a time. She's in room 2023. The doctor should be in there to explain everything. Which one of you is the child's father?"

"I am." August spoke calmly as he stood.

"I'll make sure Doctor Smith comes and finds you once he has everything sorted out."

Nodding August followed behind the nurse. "You and August can go see her first. I can wait." Amber spoke softly as she looked over at Marcus.

"Thanks."

Once Marcus made it to her room he saw August holding her hand while his other hand rested on her stomach. He was praying. "Hmmp, so now you wanna pray."

August stayed quite as he finished his prayer. "What would you rather me be doing? Beating yo ass? Nigga this ain't the place or the time."

"You just a bitch that's all this is."

August tried his best to tune out Marcus as he watched over Brianna. The nurse said that she should be waking up any minute now.

A few minutes had gone by and Marcus was still mumbling and trying to get a rise out of August. Sighing loudly August had finally had enough. "Shut the fuck up." Standing to his feet he chuckled. "You so bold now man it's crazy. I assume you keep trying me cause you know I'm in love with your sister, and we both know if I killed you would it would be like killing a piece of her. But at this point I'm feeling like fuck It. Your mad cause she choose to be with someone like me but if it wasn't for you we wouldn't have even crossed paths. Honestly you need to be thanking me and her. She's the only reason your still breathing. She stepped up and worked off your debt. Niggas been bitching you now all of a sudden you wanna be hard. Fuck that, you still a bitch to me, but at this point your just a bitch imma have to live with cause Brianna loves you and God knows I love her."

Shaking his head he took his seat by Brianna grabbing her hand. "You in here with all this bad energy when she's fighting for our baby's life. If you could stop hating me for one moment you would be able to see how much I genuinely love your sister. She's my heart man. I ain't trying to hurt her or disrespect you so just chill out."

Turning back around to Brianna he almost lost his mind when he saw she was starting to wake up. Rushing to her side he grabbed her hand as her eyes fluttered open slowly. Light sobs immediately left her mouth.

"August."

"Baybeh I am so sorry. I don't know what I was thinking." He rushed out his words not knowing how he was suppose to act or what he was suppose to say. The last time she went through all of this alone. He didn't know if she even wanted him around.

Pulling her hand away from him see looked over towards her brother who stood off awkwardly in the corner of the room. "Can you give us a minute Mar? Please."

Marcus nodded his head and took his exit leaving Brianna and August alone. A long silence filled the room until Brianna decided to speak. "I heard what you said to Marcus." Looking up at him she nodded. "Thank you. The situation could have went a lot worse but you handled it well."

August nodded waiting for her to speak again. He knew that's not All she wanted to say."Tell me something August, why is it that you don't trust me?"

"I do tr-" August tried to speak only to have Brianna cut him off.

"Obviously you don't. How could you ever even think that I would get a abortion? I lost our first child and I would give my own fucking life if I could just bring hers back so how fucking dare you." Shanking her head she looked at him as hurt filled her heart. She couldn't believe he thought so lowly of her. "All these years with you and you still don't know a damn thing about me."

He tried to respond again but she stopped him. Holding up her hand she silenced him. "Don't talk to me. Go tell the doctors I'm awake now so I can find out what's going on with my baby."

___________

What y'all think is going to happen next chapter?

How do we feel about what August said to Marcus.

What about what Bri said to August?

Leave me some feedback.